Thread: Teething, snot & dry cough...

Default Teething, snot & dry cough...

Mum just called me, so now I am in a bit off a tizz!
    Indah is cutting her first tooth, it has just broken through the gum, she has been grizzly for a few days & had been waking at night, although she sleep brilliantly (read all night) last night!
    She woke this morning with a cough, it is a dry cough, but Mum said she has been now progressively getting worse during the day & now has been clingy, grizzly as well, but she just woke from a nap & had a lot of yucky green snot (so my Mum said!)...

What can i give her, as I will call past Chemist on my way home from work...
    I have a major meeting tomorrow with a supplier & cannot really miss it...
    But I want my bubba to feel a bit better, so what i basically want to know is, what can she have? She isnt quite 5 months yet!!!

Thanks

Hey Trace!!

Poor Indah She's got it too now...

Um the only thing I can think of is the Euky Bearub I put on Jack's chest and back. It seemed to help his dry cough and snotty nose. He only has a little bit of green gooey stuff compared to alot, and we've been putting it on every night after his bath..

Check with the chemist on your way home too.

HTH babe and Indah feels better.

Tracey,
    Eliza has been cutting these horendous teeth for weeks and has been snuffley and all congested.
    I have just changed over to the Braurers Teething Stuff as she was getting a tad too much panadol and after the first 1 hr where you give them 4 doses she has become a better child. She was also getting a baby balsum vicks on her chest to clear the nose, my pharamist also suggested Infant Dimetap which drys the nose up ( she only gets this if really bad) I have also tilted her matress a touch..not enough to leave a gap but enough to help sleep. Hopefully we are on the end of this the next thing is the vapouriser. Good luck hope it all passes soon
    Bec

The Euky Bear rub that Alex suggested is a good idea. Also a bit of panadol maybe if she is grizzly with the tooth. I always use Lemsip Medic spray in the kids rooms at night when they have colds. It smells like vicks and works in the same way by helping clear their nose by them breathing it in the air.

Hope Indah is better soon Tracey.

Thanks Ladies,
    I will pop into Chemist & see what I can arm myself with...

Thank Goodness for Belly Belly & all you wonderful ladies!!!!

Hi Tracy,

poor little Indah it is so horrible when they have a cough.

If you think it is a cold/cough then the best thing I have used is Dimetapp. Kaitlyn was about 3months when she got her first cold/cough and the chemist suggested Dimetapp, it cleared her up in 24hours...it was brilliant!.

Cass

The Brauer Teething stuff made a huge difference with Kynan. And when he had a bit of a cold a few weeks ago we got those Fess drops for his nose and did the whole suctioning thing. He really hated having it done but it was the only way he could breathe and feed/sleep.

I tried to start a new topic for this but I kept getting Debug...
    Basically Indah slept fine from 9pm til 8am, but her nappy wasnt very wet?!
    She fed from me after work fine no probs but was grizzly with snot, cough & tooth which now seems to have sunk again maybe!???

But I bathed her & cuddled her then gave her top up bottle of formula as normal... But she power vomited it everywhere!!!

She smiled & I popped her in the cot thinking she'd grizzle alnight, but she slept... But the nappy wasnt at all very wet, I left her with My Mum & she was smiling, rolling, laughing & happy...
    Should I be trying to give her extra fluids???

Hi Tracey, i'm sorry to hear that Indah isn't very well, if you are worried about her fluid intake, try giving her some cooled boiled water every so often, i did this when Ryan was sick and he loved it, it wasn't so full on for his little tummy because he usually refuses milk and food for a while when he is sick.
    I hope the poor little mite gets better soon