Thread: Temp after immunisations

Default Temp after immunisations

Lucie had her 6 month injections yesterday and had a shocking night last night :sleeping:

It wasn't until I decided to take her temp this morning that I realised it was 38.4 - the poor mite! So I gave her some Neurofen (last lot had been about 5.30pm night before). It's now down to 37.4 - still up slightly for her. Should I just continue Neurofen 6 hourly today? Can you combine Panadol with Neurofen and how?

Thanks - from a very tired mummy!

Oh Wheatie, its terrible isn't it, but a necessary evil. I'm not sure if you should mix them, just give her one or the other. Dress her lightly so she doesn't overheat form too many clothes, but not too lightly that she shivers (because that will put her temp back up). Try putting a cold/damp face washer on her forehead too.

And try to get some sleep this afternoon :flower:

HTH

When Zander was sick with an ear infection & then with bronchitis the Dr told u to do panadol, 3hrs later nurofen, 3hrs later panadol etc. So you can combine them because the ingredients are different.

Hope she's back to her happy self soon Soph!

Hugs to dear little Lucie!!!!

My sister was told by our GP that she can use both, however I would ring and check regarding age.

Soph, A friend of mine recently had one of her 3yr old daughters, with a high temp. It was a hot day, so instead of taking her to the hospital, she called them and one of the nurses told her to not use nurofen for a high temp as "it doesn't touch it"! They said while there is nothing wrong with nurofen, panadol was much better at bringing the temp down. Not sure how true it is though?

Nic

I have actually found the opposite true Nic... Nurofen seems to work much better for Aidyn than panadol does, but maybe each person/case is different.
    I have alternated the two (nurofen and panadol) when Aidyn has had ongoing fevers, that way he isnt having too much of the one type of medication, and it pretty much stays on top of the fever.
    Soph, 37.4 degrees is only a very low grade fever so I wouldnt be too worried, its only if the medication doesnt bring it down to under 38 then I would be taking her to see a Dr.
    Meg - Nurofen for children can be used from 6 months old.

I hope Lucie is feeling much better soon!

Hi Soph,

My Dr told me the same as Sarahs , you can combine the two as they have different ingredients , so nurofen then 3hours later Panadol and so on. Although I think that is only if they have a really high temp and the 6hourly dose of one is not working.

I hope Lucie feels better soon ....those shots are mean little things