Thread: Testicular descent

Default Testicular descent

Kynan went for round 2 of his 18m CHN check the other day and I only just got around to looking at the notes in his blue book yesterday. I noticed that the she'd written "testes not well down but palpated down". What does that mean? Does that mean that they're down now & will stay down? I'm assuming that it's nothing to be concerned about otherwise she would have mentioned it but I'm just curious as in every other check since birth the GP & paeds have always recorded that both were fully descended.

Melinda Guest

Personally I wouldn't be worried - I remember when I took Jacob for his 18 month check his little nads went 'missing' (just went back up to wherever they came from LOL) and she commented on it and I told her that they move up and down like jiggling teabags quite visibly so they were definitely descended ROFL

PMSL @ the jiggling teabags!! Good to know anyway, thanks Mel.

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that Kynan was screaming his head off at the time too - I wouldn't fancy some strange woman having a feel of my bits either... no wonder they tried to hide LOL!

Angel - Mark was talking about this the other day, Matthew`s are still high but Mark seems to think it`s not until they are about 3 that they descend. Our clinic nurse didn`t look at Matthew.

Apparently Michael`s didn`t descend so he had to have a little operation but he`s fine now.

my son is nearly 12 and his still ride up high.infact they are rarly down at all.he has seen pead 3 times about it since he was 5 but they all say the same thing,come back in a year if no change,but they say they will come down when thay are ready,but i dont know.they palpitate down aswell(meaning they can be moved down with there hand)so i guess that is why they dont seem too concerened.
    nikki

Thanks, Dee & Nicole. Sounds like it's a fairly common thing then.

LOL Fletch, I always assumed that once they were down that's where they stayed too but it sounds like they can do a bit of moving around for a while!