Thread: Are there many bubs out there who sleep through on and off?

Fee Guest

Default Are there many bubs out there who sleep through on and off?

Most babies I have heard of, either sleep through constantly (once they figure it out) or have never slept through.

Cooper first slept through 6.30 pm to 6.00 am at 9 weeks old. Ever since then he has done it for a week or two at a time and then he'll change and perhaps wake around 3.00 am for a few days or a week. Then he'll sleep through again for a week or so (maybe to 5.00 am).

Every time he does it for quite a while, I think, "This is it he's finally going to sleep through all the time". But he never does!

I just find it strange!!! He's keeping me on my toes!!!

Yep Fee, River does that too!
    It's either sleeping through or one wake/feed at night. He's slooowly sleeping through more and more. I figure it all depends on how busy/awake he's been during the day, and if he's sick or going through a growth spurt.

If you want him to sleep through, just make it your husband's night to get up for the baby - River NEVER wakes when it's my dh's night to get up!

maggie Guest

oh , i cant wait til DS sleeps thru the night, he is 12weeks , and wakes up once during the night,s oemtimes 2. i am breastfeeding, so hope he sleeps thru when he starts solids in a few mnths...

Sammy is 16 months and has never slept through lol!!!!

Jo

Kirsty77 Guest

Some nights Jasmine sleeps 6 hours then other nights only 3hours between feeds, very frustrating. Oh and the 3 hourly feeds are normally the nights that I'm dead tired!LOL!

Nina does the same thing, one night she'll sleep through, the next she'll wake half a dozen times. We've always joked that she gets bored and doesn't like to do the same thing twice. I even try and do the same routine as the day when she did sleep through, but that never works lol

Charlie is like this too. He first slept through at about 5 weeks. Since then, he'll sleep though for 2-3 nights then wake 1-2 times a night for a few days then go back to sleeping through.

Rylee has never slept through and she is three months - and at the moment she is worse than ever lol - looking forward to the day she sleeps through. Laurin

Fee Guest

Nelle I'm breastfeeding so only I can get up to Cooper during the night! Whenever Cooper does wake a 3.00 am it's always for a feed. We have both tried to resettle him but he seems wide awake and hungry.

That's why were confused initially because seeing we know he CAN sleep through, we weren't really understanding why sometimes he'd wake at 3.00 am wanting food.

I suppose I shouldn't complain too much. On the nights Cooper doesn't sleep through they are not bad nights. He only ever wakes once for a feed and it's a quick 10-15 minute feed and he goes to sleep straight away after that. I'm only up for about 20 minutes.

Anyway last night was a good night. He slept through to 5.00 am this morning!

Fee - I'm breastfeeding too, but dh gets up and brings River to me and then does the nappy change on his nights.

And tonight should be interesting for us anyway - the boy last fed at 3:30 and fell asleep at 5...so I wonder if he will wake soon and think it's playtime :eek: I'm afraid...very afraid...

Fee Guest

Well Cooper woke at 1.30 am last night. Now that is very strange. He hasn't woke so early for AGES. Normally if he does wake it's around 3.00 am.

He's being funny this morning too - very grizzling and wouldn't feed properly!

Seth goes week to week where he'll sleep through one week then another week he'll wake at 3am or 1am every night. He's slept through for nearly a week so I'm waiting for the next wakeup night LOL!

And Nelle that so good to hear re your hubby thats exactly what mine does and he loves it

*hugs*
    Cailin