Thread: They just know....

Wink They just know....

DD2 had her needles yesterday and DD1 gets quite worried for her when she watches and just seems to KNOW to be gentle with her for the rest of the day.

Last night DD2 was not well, she was throwing up, very grizzly and wouldn't settle, DD1 kept coming up and saying mum pat and patting Z on the back.
    After about 3 attempts to put DD2 to bed i gave up, grabbed a glass of milk and headed upstairs to settle her in my bed, DD1 followed and was playing with her and making her laugh.. it was so precious to see.
    Then she laid down beside her and patted her while i fed until she was nearly asleep and then she went downstairs with daddy.

Today DD2 has been off again, not her normal self so we went for a drive, DD1 grabbed toys for in the car for 'sissy' then when we got home i put Z in the higchair for a minute and A went and got her laugh n learn puppy, bought it back made it sing and was making it 'dance' Z was in fits of laughter.

How is it try as we might to settle them, occupy them etc their siblings just seem to KNOW what works and how to make them feel better.

I got it on vid so anyone on my FB feel free to have a look, it's hilarious.

Does anyone else get this and as much as i think it's gorgeous sometimes i get so frustrated that a not even 2yr old can settle her and i can't...

Default They just know....

ZF, that is so lovely. My DD is not old enough yet to be as interactive with her new brother but I can't wait til they are like your two!

I can understand why it'd be frustrating sometimes but I'd be loving it at the same time

Yup have it here all the time too. Its so lovely to watch them interacting - and not bloody fighting.. LOL

Awww im going to watch now thats soo beautiful!

Kids are so damn intuitive, i remember being worried about Ava coming into hospital to meet Zara, A was 15mths old and i was thinking OMG she's going to hate her... she took to her straight away, she seemed to realise that this was 'her' baby sister and ever since she's been so so caring.
    She says Zara and sissy and goes and gets her toys or tries to change her nappy.

It's days like these where i want to rip my hair out and they turn around and do something so cute and caring that i realise such a small age gap is wonderful, no matter how tough times can get.

The just KNOW and it's kinda freaky, Ava is an old soul in a kids body i think so that kinda helps too

BC - there are 2, you will love them both... as usual... lol

Awww, that is so lovely.
    Sue xxx

I get it here too. It really lets you know your doing a good job huh? Where else have they learnt to be so gentle and loving with each other.

That is just gorgeous! I really can't wait to watch DS interact with a sibling that way

Aww, I just saw your videa via a mutual friend. They're so gorgeous! I bet they love watching it over and over too.

Ava loves watching herself on the tv or computer and Z has started to figure out it's funny to laugh when she is laughing on screen!
    Ava did an awesome job keeping her entertained yesterday and even fed her half her tea.... she is sitting here feeding her breakfast int he same position as on the video except it's 1 for ava 1 for zara and ava keeps saying you want some???

Oh, that is so sweet !

That is soo precious! What a beautiful little soul your DD1 has. Compassio, love and empathy...such impotant characteristics in my eyes. Hope DD2 is better soon.

That's beautiful. It's funny how they love their siblings - I often find that DD has more luck settling DS than I do! He just loves to watch her play and he laughs at her, and if he is upset she pats him and says 'It's ok bubby, it's all ok'. So cute!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    That's beautiful. It's funny how they love their siblings - I often find that DD has more luck settling DS than I do! He just loves to watch her play and he laughs at her, and if he is upset she pats him and says 'It's ok bubby, it's all ok'. So cute!!
    Aww how cute.. i love to watch them.. Ava's new thing with Zara is saying nigh nigh when she goes to bed... nigh nigh sissy and she runs into her room behind us and blows her a kiss then walks out and shuts the door... their such little 'parents' some times.