Thread: Thickness in Heart Artery

Default Thickness in Heart Artery

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone else's bubs has had this.

My son has a heart murmur and when we went to the docs the other day he said he had a thickness in one of his Arteries. He also told me that he wants to see him in a years time to check it and that nothing would most probably have to be done before 5 years. If and When he might have to have some thing done he said they will put a balloon in to open it up abit or op to open it up.

Im not really worried but would be nice to hear if anyone has had this done.

Thanks
    Last edited by Missy; March 8th, 2007 at 10:04 AM.

Hi Missy

My son was born with a narrowed artery. His was fairly severe and he had to have surgery at three days old. He had a few other things wrong with his heart too, and he had open heart surgery at 3 months to close some major holes in his heart.

I have heard about the balloon method they use, and it seems to be quite effective.

My son has checkups every year by his cardiologist and is doing well. All the best.

Awwww Christine you poor thing. That would have been so hard for you. Im so glad all is ok and thank you so much for you comment. Callums isnt that big so the doc told me but its still abit of a worry with anything to do with the heart.

Thanks again for the info!!!!

Good Luck!!!