Thread: For those of you with 2 close together...

Kirsty77 Guest

Default For those of you with 2 close together...

Just wanted to ask....I have been asked this twice now and am in total disbelief at how dumb people are!!

Gem and Jaz are 13 months apart........Gemma is 19 months and Jasmine is nearly 6 months. I was shopping with them both on easter weekend and this women came up to me and asked if they were TWINS!?!?!?!?!WTF For a start you can see the size difference between them and the fact that gemma is walking around and talking and Jasmine is chewing on my shoulder dribbling everywhere.....how dumb are some people!?!?!

Has anyone else been asked this before?? I was seriously dumbfounded especially since its the second time I've been asked in the last month!

People are just stupid!

There was a side by side pram at the restaurant the other night. One girl was clearly 3 or 4 and a BABY boy laying down... Some lady said "oh are they twins?" I couldnt believe it!

I guess people just talk for the sake of talking?

Sounds like talking for the sake of talking to me ...I wonder if they realise after how silly they sound

Mine will be 10-11 months apart....god only knows what comments ill get then..lol

Yeah matey I get it ALL the time. People are just silly I reckon! How are things going anyway?

OMG I never get asked this, although everyone always assumes both boys are a lot older then what they are, especially with Adrian, they all expect me to say he`s one because of his size and he`s always been advanced.

There is 3.5 years between my younger sister and myself and as young children people often thought we were twins, I`m not sure why as I was always a lot taller, people are just silly.

I have to admit I love the look people give us, they look at the young boys (Matthew & Adrian) then look at the bigger boys (Michael and Alister), then you can hear their mind ticking over, I always give a laugh to myself, even Mark has noticed this on numerous occasions!!!!

My brother & sister are 16 months apart & now at 21 & 22 still get asked - doesn't help that they are best friends either LOL!

Kirsty77 Guest

PMSl that some of you get this as well!!
    Soph-Things are going great. The girls are just growing up way to fast. Before I know it Jasmine will be one!!

Kate-I get the 'oh Jasmine must have been a surprise baby'. Jasmine was actually VERY planned!LOL If people only knew we needed clomid to conceive both girls. People are just plan rude I reckon!PMSL

My older two boys have 25 mths between them and last year while out (at the time they were 5 and 3) I got asked if they were twins, I said no actually there's two years between them, this woman just looked at me as if I was lying to her. It's funny what people think. My youngest two only have 18 mths between them and I've never been asked if they're twins so go figure, lol.

hugs xoxo

Fortunately for me my two look completely different. They are 14 mnths apart, one is a boy with brown curly hair and brown eyes, the other is a girl with blond straight hair and blue eyes. I think people want to ask if they have the same father!!! LUCKILY they keep quiet....but, my friend and I have our first born in the same month and we always get asked if they are twins! Same deal boy/girl, dark and curly/straight and blond. I don't get it! We just laugh....

Lynnette x

OMG! That's never happened to me (mine are 22 months apart) but if it did I'd probably laugh in their face! Some people are just dumb LOL.

My sister and i are 10 months apart....mum used to dress us the same too....she always got comments. She used to love stunning people when they asked 'are they twins?'......"nope, but they're the same age """"...LOL (we're the same age for 2 months of the year )

I get this too with Mason and Angus and they are 21 months apart. Mason is quite a bit taller but they do have similar features.

This is so funny! I was shopping in K mart about 1m before Hamish was born, and there were a couple in front of me with 2 kids. One was sitting up in the trolley, and the other was in the baby bjorn looking very little. I made some comment, and can you believe that they were actually twins!!!
    There was a huge size and developmental difference between them, but apparently one had been more prem affected than the other.
    I also coached 2 girls in netball that are twins. One is tiny - shehad alot of probs at birth, and the other is reaaaaaaally tall!

so yeah - crap question, but maybe something to it with some twins

LOL Brooke I would love to see the look on someone's face if you actually said that to them

My SIL's 2nd DD is 4 years old, my DD Grace is 2 years and we were at a family bbq once and someone asked if they were twins. This person was a relative mind you, so should have known that they were cousins! They do look a bit similar, despite the obvious size and developmental differences, so maybe if it was a stranger I would understand but this person was a member of the family!