Thread: Thrashing head around

Default Thrashing head around

Hi there.

My DS is almost 6 months old and for the last two or three weeks he has been thrashing his head from side to side when i put him down to sleep and during/after feeds. This isn't accompanied by other signs of pain or discomfort, he seems perfectly happy.

Is this yet another sign of teething, or is it more likely to be an ear related thing, does anyone know? The doctor is quite a trip in to town for us and i will be going in two weeks, so I am hoping that it's a sign of teething that a lot of you have experienced before

TIA.
    LittleFig

If it is what I think it is my boys have done this. I think it is just a habit thing as they are going to sleep.. you know how sometimes you might tss and turn to get comfy? its a bit like this

Our little one did the same thing at 6 months. I can't say how early it started as she joined our family through adoption at 6 months but she already had a raging bald-spot which suggests that it had been happening for a while! Now at 8 months she hardly does it at all and her bald-spot is recovering quite nicely indeed. I also freaked out when I first saw her do it as, to me, it looked like she was distressed but in hindsight it was just something she did and didn't seem to bother her in the slightest.

My DS did exactly the same thing at the same age. He has stopped now. It was only when I put him in bed and he'd thrash his head from side to side with his eyes shut. Once he'd gone to sleep, he'd stop.

He wore a bald spot in to his hair.

I think it's just another one of "those" baby things and doesn't really mean anything - just has you sitting there scratching your head.

I agree that I think it is one of those "baby things"
    Harrison did the same thing around the same age... he wore a lot of his hair off at the back, and even at the sides... thankfully it has all grown back now... and he doesn't thrash his head around anymore either.

Yep, I think one of those baby things as well... my little man has been doing this the past few weeks as well... I kinda find it amusing when he does it in his pram cos he looks like Stevie Wonder...lol.

Ozzie.......... Stevie Wonder.... what a cracker!!

"I just called...... to say.......... I've got a bald spoooot!"

Ah....awesome, that has made me feel so much better.

I actually started to wonder if maybe there wasn't something 'wrong' with him, if you know what I mean (wasn't sure what though). It was only a fleeting thought...you know how these things are.

But figured it couldn't be anything too sinister because he is such a bright happy bub even when he is thrashing his head about. If anything I thought it would be teeth, but there are NO signs of them so wasn't convinced.

And his bald spot is really cranking! Silly bugger.

Thanks girls. You have put my mind at ease.

LittleFig

Quote Originally Posted by lestypuss View Post
    Ozzie.......... Stevie Wonder.... what a cracker!!

"I just called...... to say.......... I've got a bald spoooot!"
    PMSL...