Thread: Thrush!! UURRRRRRRRRRRRGGGG!!

Angry Thrush!! UURRRRRRRRRRRRGGGG!!

Bonnie has it AGAIN in her mouth and I have it AGAIN on my nipples! This is about the 1,000,000th time!

I don't have any daktarin (I think there is a tiny bit somewhere, but I can't find it) so I have been feeding bub yogurt and I have a little bit of vinegar on my nipples... not sure if it will work, but I need some relief from a screaming baby!!

I knew there was something wrong with her, she hasn't stopped sooking for the passed 24hrs. DP took the bank card to work so I couldn't get any more medication... any other suggestions?

Tanya

Tanya, Oral Thrush is a yeast infection(fungus)causes can be from many things,
    low immune system-
    antibiotic use-
    steroids,Asthma medications-
    Thrush (Candida)can be found in the mouth , on the tongue,down the throat,and in the Esophagus(wind pipe). The balace of microbes become disturbed and nursing mothers can develope Candida infection on their Breasts (Mastitis). Ask your chemist for Nystatin liquid oral or Nilstat, check dosage for your little one though. Hope your little one is feeling much better very soon,Tanya,good luck.

tanya id go to the health food shop and get you both onto probiotics!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I'd get a bottle of Fast Tract - not something that will just be a bandaid fix like a cream. This will boost your gut (which obviously is an issue here - hers or yours!) so you will prevent it in future. 1ml per day for babies. Fast Tract is organic and the best on the market, with 13 strains of pro-biotics not just one or two like other preparations... you know all the BB ladies rave about it and thrush going for good

Here 'tis.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Enchanted Guest

you poor things. It's horrible isn't it?

Is there a friend you can borrow some money off for the day? Do you always go to the same chemist? Maybe you could ask them to do an IOU. Do you have a credit card? If you do and DP has it you could get him to give them then number over the phone?

Sorry, not sure if I have been of any help Hope it clears up for you soon hun.

Edit- I just found a website that says you can try 1 cup water to 1 tablesppon of vinegar as thrush doesn't like an "acid" environment. Says to let your nipples airdry. Or you can try putting youghurt that contains acidopholous on your nipples before a feed.
    Last edited by Enchanted; July 2nd, 2008 at 09:05 AM.

Thanx so much girls... Bonnie and I had a cold last week, maybe that is what set it off??
    Will look at upping my gut flora soon... when I get a few more $$... But you are right, that's the problem!

Thanx Dan... I have been using Vinegar on my nipples and yogurt in bubs mouth...

Tanya

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I dont know if you are getting any sunshine there but wander around topless in the sun, or sit in the sun....
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Enchanted Guest

Sorry Tanya... I didn't read your post properly I had just got out of bed!!

I have thought about it Kelly, but I don't think I am brave enough no matter the weather!! LOL

I am just so tired of having to buy the oral thrush stuff... like you say, it's a bandaid! And surely it can't be good for her