Thread: Tip of penis red

Default Tip of penis red

Our DS's penis tip is red. It doesn't appear to be sore when I touched it and I know he doesn't have a UTI because we had to do a urine sample over the weekend. Do they just get red sometimes? I know he hasn't been playing with it because he hasn't had any nappy off time and we try to change his pooey nappies straight away. What else could it be? Any ideas?

Yep some boys especially babies do get red tip. Just keep an eye on it. Happens to my baby and has happened to my other boys before as well.

love

My DS had that recently too, I took him to my midwife and she said that it can just be part of nappy rash and to put Sudocream (nappy rash cream) on it. I did and it went away. I was a bit worried about it though.

pacman Guest

Hi, we used a castor oil and sorbitol cream for all our kids nappy rashes and skin problems, it worked wonders, even for sore penises.

pacman

Is it okay to put nappy rash cream on the tip? I was a bit worried some might go up and be a bit painful.

I was worried about that too but the midwife said that nappy rash cream is totally safe to put on there and my DS didn't have any adverse effects, in fact it was cleared up by the next day.

Fee Guest

DS had this when he was 6 weeks old. I asked the Paed at the 6 week check up and she said it was fine. It didn't last long either.