Thread: toddler at an AFL game?

Question toddler at an AFL game?

my partner is into the footy - i'm not... he wants us to go and take our 2 year old daughter to one of the day games at the MCG... i have no idea what to expect... i'm happy to go, just want to know if anyone thinks its the worst idea in the world taking a child so young? she's well behaved, can talk/understand and take direction... do kids this young get taken to the footy? what should i expect and be prepared for?

HELP WANTED - footy novice

smiles4u Guest

My friend & her partner took their DD when she was two to the grand final at the MCG last year ... they even caught the V/Line train to get to Melb to begin with.
    They said she behaved well & enjoyed being there.
    That was actually the second time she went to the footy at the MCG as she went a couple of months before too
    Though they both said that you do need BOTH parents to help with the toddler for the visit at the footy to help keep them behaved & entertained.

We took both of our DDs to a charity football game last year. We sat in the diasbled section so that the pram fit, and DD1 had a little bit of freedom because it was a walled setion, the wall was just below her neck height so she could see the game, and could walk around a little bit when she got bored

We've taken our boys to big NRL games and they had a blast. At 2 they didn't last in their seat the whole game and had to go for the odd walk but if you're not a huge footy fan that shouldn't bother you. The only problem was that they cheered totally indiscriminately every time anyone else cheered. Wasn't so bad at the State of Origin where the supporters are mixed but we got some funny looks when they cheered for the Eel's try whilst sitting in the middle of the Doggies' section lol.

oooh this is positive thank you thank you thank you i'm feeling a lot better about it now... and i definitely don't mind taking her for the odd walk to get hot chippies or just to let off some steam etc... hey can i actually take a stroller into the MCG and still get into the different areas, or am i limited to a certain section?? (could fold the stroller up and carry it also)