Thread: Toddlers on 1 day sleep...

Default Toddlers on 1 day sleep...

Hi!

Just wondering for those kids that are on only 1 day sleep what time they have that sleep?

Louis is varying at the moment but I've noticed lately if I try and put him down at around 10.30ish he just mucks around and won't go to sleep. Then sometimes he just collapses in the afternoon really tired if we're out in the car or something. I definitley don't want him at 13m to not sleep at all!!! hehe.

Thanks in advance!

Jess is ready for a nap by around midday, if I stretch it out till 1pm, I put both mine down together (sometimes they both go down aroun d midday) they sleep for anywhere between 2-3hrs. That is generally their only nap during the day...

Having said that, today she is sitting next to me in her highchair, rubbing vegemite into her eyes cause she is so tired she just wants to sleep, but I won't put her down hungry as she wakes up too quickly because she's hungry

Eliza is on one sleep and goes down any time from 11- 12.30. Usually it allows her to have a small lunch and then another snack when she wakes. Most of the other kids we play with are on a similar time nap which is always good if we go anywhere
    Bec

Kynan varies quite a bit too. He has his nap around 11am (10:30-11:30am) and he'll sleep for about 2 hours (that varies too, anywhere from 1.5-3 hours). He has a snack beforehand and then lunch when he wakes.

With Kynan I find it really helps to get him into bed as soon as he starts showing tired signs. Timing seems to be really important for him, if I put him into his cot too soon he's not tired enough and refuses to sleep. If I leave it too long he gets too hyped up and overtired and still refuses to sleep LOL. We also have a little wind down routine so that he knows nap time is coming and it gives him a chance to settle down after play time.

Zander has his sleep anywhere from 1pm to 2pm (he's just gone down now at 1.20). He wakes of a morning around 8am which is why his sleep is later than most. He sleeps between 1.5 and 2.5 hours and then goes to bed for the night between 7pm and 8pm.

Like Angel's Kynan, it's a balancing act to get him in there at just the right time. Although if he's not tired and I put him in his cot he will play for a while and eventually goes to sleep so that's ok.

Blake is 16.5mths old and usually goes to bed about midday. I can stretch it out to 1-1.30pm if we are out or have to do something, but he's pretty shattered by then.

He has a snack before his sleep and usually has 'lunch' when he wakes up. He usually sleeps for about 2.5-3hours.

Gaby has her sleep somewhere between 1-2 and she goes down for a couple of hours. She is a very early riser and always has been (5.30) but I find if I put her down in the morning for a sleep then she gets grumpy around 4pmish so I try to keep her busy and hold out till she has had her lunch. If I have to I will put her down around 12.30.

Alex's sleep time changes everyday. A lot of it depends on what time he wakes up this morning he woke at 5.40am and he fell asleep in the car at 10.40 on our way home from getting his needles done. But if we was at home i would have put him down at 11am. Most days if we are home i try for midday for a couple of hours.

We're still trying to work this out and get it happening at a consistent time each day.
    It's between 11 and 1 depending on her mood. I'd prefer her to have it later in the day but some days she just can't make it that long, gets too cranky. So we're kind of in a transitional phase at the moment, hoping to have it more consistent soon

I put Zhai down for a sleep anywhere from 11am. Today he went down for a nap @ 1 only because we were out. He goes to preschool now and they put the kids down for a nap after lunch (about 12) so that is where i am heading with Zhai. Try and keep him in a routine.
    Also Zhai wakes anywhere from 5:30am so by the time 11 comes around i am tired too so we normally have a 2-3 hour nap together!! (yes i know it is a bad habit for him to be sleeping with me during the day, but on a positive he is in his own bed today!! Yay!)
    Goodluck,
    Jen

Xander occasionally has a day time sleep and since he kicked his morning nap at 18mth he has been going down around 12pm-1pm. He generally sleeps for 2-3hrs so if he goes down any later it means we not tired at bedtime :-) Any earlier adn he gets grumpy late in the afternoon. Best of luck finding a time that suits you both, I guess just look for those tired signs and after a meal so they don't wake up hungry after 30min

Maggie goes to sleep about midday and then sleeps for about 1 1/2 hours. If she isn't down by 1, then put her in the pram and go for a walk to get her asleep before she gets to hyper.

Aidyns daily nap used to be at about 11am (this was after he dropped to one nap at about 15months). From 20 months his naptime moved to 12pm, and that is still the time when he usually has his nap.

It totally depends on her eating and what time she sleeps in til. Normally 5hrs up, 2hrs down. So today she was up at 7am, and went to bed about 12:15, but didn't go to sleep until 1:15 (ratbag!!!).
    I woker her up at 3pm to pick up her fatehr from work.