Thread: which tog gro/sleeping bags do you have?

Question which tog gro/sleeping bags do you have?

Milo has a 2.5 tog for winter, and will have a 0.5 tog for summer (based on last summer which was a killer)

Do you think I need a 1.0 as well?? I thought I might be able to use his 0.5 and have the max layers of clothing on that it recommends, as the rating cross over slightly.

Will this be OK? I noramlly have 2, one to wash, one to wear, and I really don't want to have to buy both 1.0 and 0.5 if I don't need to.

Last edited by Pandora; September 25th, 2006 at 10:49 AM.

We had Jenna is a 1.0 TOG all summer. It was great. If it was a hot day it would just be a singlet and nappy underneath, and at night it was just a button up singlet and a light long sleeved top.
    We did have the fan in her room on hot nights.
    We only have the 1.0 and the 2.5, and they have been fine.

We used 0.5 in summer but also used the 1.0 a lot. I found then 1.0 great as it was toweling inside and a litle warmer than cotton on it's own. We had an evaporative cooler in Amy's room but it did get warm. I suppose layering could work too.

We have moved into a house with evaporative cooling in the roof so we will probably use the 1.0 a lot because it will be cool and a constant temp in her room. We keep the heater on 18 degrees and she sleeps with a Snugglepie? grosuit a windcheater and a 2.5 tog grobag as she was getting cold.

We have 2 x 2.5 tog, 1 x 1.0 tog and 1 x 0.5 which we used to suit the seasons. I found it handy to have the entire range, and already have bought 1 x 2.0 Living Textiles bag, 1 x 2.5tog Grobag and 1 x 0.5tog 18mths - 3yrs as Blake's feet are touching the end of the 6-18mth bag already.

Love them!

Jackson is in a 2.0 tog living textiles, and if it is a really cold night I put an exta blanket on him. I am getting him the .5 for summer and if it is a cooler night I will just put long sleeves on him instead of short and a flanelette sheet over the top or something. He is a very hot and sweaty little redhead, typical!!

NewmumLou Guest

I only have the 1.0 Tog bag ... i just bought it the other day for summer, it depends on your house and whether or not you will be using airconditioning during summer, use the thermometer that comes with the bag in your room and it actually tells you what one to buy. But i dont think it is necessary to have to many.... ecspecially at that price!
    I have found Joshua is still getting use to it as he is not use to his hands being exposed, it is so cute he still sleeps with his fists clentched and on his chest as if he is wrapped!
    God love him!