Thread: Toothbrushes

Default Toothbrushes

Does anyone know where you can buy baby toothbrushes? We had a set of 3 'teeth' things - from teething gum massager thing to the toothbrush but Kynan's munched the toothbrush to death now. We don't want to buy another full set just for the toothbrush - we saw one going for nearly $20 the other day... far too expensive for something that's going to be chewed up again in no time LOL. I had a look at the kids toothbrushes but they all seem like they'd be too big for his mouth??

I got Mackenzie a two pack from the supermarket for around $4.00. They have little clowns on the end with JoJo written on them from memory. I have one in our bathroom and one in hers so if she follows me in when I'm doing my teeth she can copy me. I grabbed a couple of extra packets and thru them in the cupboard because she tends to go thru them fairly quickly because she chews more than brushes.

Nikbrad, did you get those from the toothbrush section or the baby section?

I have always just bought the ones in the toothbrush section at Woolworths... they are a couple of dollars each.
    The first one Aidyn had was a stage 1 Oral B, and didn't seem too big.
    The next one we got him to replace that one is a Hi-5 one (don't know the brand) but the bristles on it are longer than the Oral B one, so maybe would be a bit big for Kynan's little mouth?

Thanks, Ambah. Will check out the Oral B ones!

Although Angel, I think I have seen some baby toothbrushes that have only a very small clump of bristles on them, so if you are comparing it to those types, then I guess it might seem big?

Hm, I spose I might just have to get the smallest one I can find and see how he goes with it. It'll probably be fine. His mouth just seems so tiny LOL.

Ijust buy mine from the supermarket.
    Alex loves to copy Kimberley clean hers when they are in the bath.

Thanks everyone!

Melinda Guest

You could also try a chemist - I have gotten them from both supermarkets (Coles) as well as chemists for Jacob.

Stormi Guest

Angel, I bought a baby one for Kenzie back when she was 6 months old and had her first two teeth - I think it was an Oral B one, it's lemon yellow and light blue with ducks on it...pretty sure it is a Stage 1 baby or something like that. But it's fine for Kenzie, I've used it for the last 6 months, it's got quite a few bristles on it but they are really super soft. I'm racking my brain thinking where I got it from - pretty sure it was just the local supermarket, as I think I got the boys new toothbrushes and saw the baby ones there as well.

I ended up getting him one from Woolies. A little colgate first brush which was hidden right down the bottom behind a dozen other brushes LOL.