Thread: trampolines?

Talking trampolines?

hi we are going to get our 2 year old daughter a trampoline for christmas but im still tossing up whether to get one with the net or not? I wanted one we could all go on but i dont think its possible with the netted one unless i spend like $1000 which i really dont want to lol

Hello a good compromise is getting a round one (without the net) because they are evenly tensioned all the way around, the kids don't seem to bounce right off the edge like they do with a rectangular one. Also, strictly enforce the one bouncer at a time rule, and you will need to supervise her carefully for a couple of years anyway!

I think it's a great idea and DD bounced happily for years on other ppls trampolines without incident!
    :-)

oh great, i never knew that, thanks alot! might go have a look thisarvo then!

I agree with the one bouncer at a time thing, and the strict supervision - my DS broke his leg jumping on a trampoline just before his 2nd birthday. He didn't fall off it, but he was jumping with his Dad and fell the wrong way!

you can get round ones with netting for about $300. They should come out in the kmart/target catalogues soon ready for summer.

I was just about to say the same thing Danni - I think they're around 8 - 10 foot in diameter and have the netting all the way round and they're about $280 - $300 like Danni said. They just had them on special here in SA last week at Kmart for $279. HTH and GL!

wow thanks everyone! im gonna go on a trampoline shopping hunt lol now that i know what to look for thanks to all of you! and $300 pretty much what i wanted to spend too lol

Hi there,

We bought our 2yr son a trampoline with the netting off ebay for $300. It is brand new and really good quality. He is on it day and night. Its great exercise for him and mum and dad too! Having the net is definitely peice of mind that they wont fall off. Worth the money I say..

I've been thinking of getting one for the kids as Kimberley loves to jump on my bed. I think toys r us had them on speical the other week.
    I think they are a great idea and i used to love them when i was younger and can't wait to get back on one LOL