Thread: Is this True....

Default Is this True....

I know i am posting alot, but i am trying to get to the bottom of my DS skin Probs. Anyway, we took him to the hosp due to a rash all over his body. He gets it just after he has been sick ie croup, gastro. The Dr at the hosp said that babies can come out in a rash whenever they get sick, and that it is the bodies way of trying to get rid of the illness. Is this true? I have never heard of this before.

Colleen Guest

hrmm im not too sure, but possibly, i know that bubs can get a rash from teething and things like that, but if you are concerned, perhaps get a 2nd opinion....

I dunno, Matilda's had a few rashes after illness' once with gastro and one that turned out to be roseola. She's had heaps more illness' but only 2 rashes

My kids have often had illnesses like viral infections that can often be a sort of definition for a case of being unwell that has been accompanied with a mild rash.

Jo

Theresa, he does have spots that come and go that look like small pimple/bites, it does look similar to mild baby acne, but on his arms, legs, back and little bit on stomach spotty not rashy. But when he is sick it is ten times worse, and more like a rash, Then calms down again when he is over sickness.

We are in the middle of a rosealo virus atm, she was really unwell and unlike all other virus this rash has peaked after the temp has subsided. I'm sure my GP has put a few rashes down to viral!
    Bec

Yes my son gets this too both in reactions to viral, bactrial infections and some antibiotics. It is getting better as he got older. apparently it is from the break down of the virus/bacteria by the immune system and taking it up to the skin it's called erythro something or other
    Last edited by ~Saram~; June 23rd, 2006 at 09:23 PM.

Maybe it has something to do with the immune system? Whatever's causing the rash takes advantage of the weaker immune system and becomes worse when he's sick??