Thread: TV addict

Default TV addict

I don't let Lucas watch TV (much to DH chargrin, however mostly he turns it off when I bring him into the lounge). I was at Woolies the other day in the checkout line, Lucas was in the trolley arching himself backwards to look at the security camera TV above the checkout. Then yesterday I had him in the highchair while I was making dinner and he's staring into space out the backdoor - so I thought. When I finished & went round the bench to get him out I realised he was watching the neighbour's TV through the window.

I should just accept I have a TV addict on my hands - shouldn't surprise me much as there's a genetic link - PIL have 6 TV's in their house, including a new flat screen above the kitchen bench so FIL doesn't miss Home & Away while he's washing up.

hehehe that's sounds exactly like Nina. If you get in the way of the tv, she'll either look around you, or move you out of the way!!

how cute and funny is he...i know when my boys were bubs they loved all the colour and movement of tv.

I think they just love the colour on the tv, Charlotte really does not care about the tv, Madison on the other hand loves tv, well loves cartoons.

DD loves the tv.. and when u turn it off she looks at u as if to say 'How dare you mum i was watching that'!

Jesse loves the tv.. well the ads! Whenever the ads come on he stops and stares! Im not too phased by how much he watches now.. he only tunes in for the ads and his Elmo DVD.. the rest of the time he's playing.

We used to call it the 'colourful, magical box' cause Blake was so entranced whenever he was in a room with the tv on. He loved it.

He's got over that phase and only wants to watch Hi-5 now!

DS talks to the TV if I put him on the floor near it and it's off... clearly the TV needs interaction! He doesn't like being left with a TV, even a Disney film with me talking/cuddling, but if I do commentry through Dr Who he likes that... I can even get away with no commenty for the Patrick Troughton ones! I think dS has a favourite Doctor LOL. (BTW, Dr Who is the only thing we let DS watch, otherwise I'm feeding DS or getting him to sleep with the TV on.)