Thread: two under two!

Default two under two!

can someone please tell me some positive experiences about having two under two, when they are young!. for some reason everyone tells me the horror stories aout how hard it is, like as if i might change my mind about the age gap; but that's a little hard now, considering i am already pregnant.

Misty i have two under two and i find it okay. I've not found it hard at all looking after them both.

I do have to watch Alex with Eleanor as he loves to hold her hand and touch her head but he's never hurt her in anyway at all.

I'm hoping they will grow up the best of friends with being so close in age.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

I have had 2 under 2 and will soon be having 3 under 3 and a half. I don't think it is necessarily stressful as much as just plain busy. If you are organised and don't mind toys everywhere you will be fine!

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I can't help you either, but my nanna had 2 sets of twins 11 months apart and also had a 5 year old so there were 4 under 2years (for 1 month it was 4 under 1 year) and a total of 5 under 6years

I won't lie and say it's a piece of cake, but I don't know any different so i think you just learn to get by. It's awesome when they start interacting. Lucie and Ned can easily spend 10 mins just laughing at each other which just melts your heart. I'm happier now to leave them alone briefly while i run into another room (or to the loo lol!) and time flies because you are so busy!

I had 2 under 2 and found it to be not as stressful as I imagined. Yes I had a few moments but thankfully they weren't too frequent. I think it helped that Mason was quite a placid child and would entertain himself most of the time while I was feeding Angus.

The only regret I have about having them closer together was not enjoying Mason's toddlerhood as I was kind of wrapped up more in the newborn IYKWIM. I didnt think about that till Angus turned 2 and watched him go through that stage.

my eldest 2 are 18 months apart, when they were little it was great, it got harder as they got older, shopping was hard, imagine shopping with your 4 year old and his best friend and you get the picture. Since they have grown a bit they are competative and argue lots but are still best mates underneath it all, just very different people.

The difference between my youngest 2 is just short of 3 years and i'd say thats much harder.

Taz

I had 2 under 2, as the girls are a bit older now, they aer 20 months apart, and i can see they are going to be good friends, its been good, I love it

My DD was 23 months when DS was born.
    The first three months was hell. Pure hell and I'm not gonna lie about it.
    But thankfully in the last two months things have got much, much easier and I'm really loving it now.
    One thing I often hear people worry about when this comes up (and I worried about it) is that you won't be able to give the toddler enough attention. What caught me by surprise was that it was almost the opposite here - DD is quite demanding of our attention and DS often ends up being the one who takes the back seat - simply because he doesn't yell as loud as her or destroy things when he doesn't get his own way So that was a surprise.
    It's nice to see them interact now that Toby is getting a bit older. They have a great bond, I hope it lasts.

Yet another positive story here too! My boys are 19 months apart. Jack just turned 2 so I technically no longer have 2 under 2 but it's no different yet LOL! I too was worried, so Jelly and Fletch, that is very normal. And like you Jelly, all I heard were horror stories. I was ready to punch the next person who said "ooh, I hope you have good support, it will be so hard and busy" (got to love pg hormones). But do you know what, it hasn't been that hard at all. It is busy, but definitely manageable. It is true that the first 8 weeks or so were quite tough as Tom was colicy, but since then it hasn't been nearly as hard as I thought. And like the others have said, my boys get along so well it melts my heart to see them interact. I wouldn't change a thing.

I honestly think that the second child - no matter what the age gap - is gonna provide huge challenges and a massive change to any family. The unknown is the scary part but i think that we will each get used to our ever changing families...well i'm living with that hope as i'll have 2 under 2 in 10 weeks - lol!

Kirsty77 Guest

My 2 girls are 13 months apart and both are under 2. I honestly don't think its too hard, well not all the time!LOL Now that Jasmine is interacting with Gemma its just wonderful! The early days when Jasmine was just born were hard and a bit of a blur, but honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. Jasmine just LOVES Gemma and Gem just loves Jasmine. We quite often catch Gemma giving Jasmine big kisses(when we're not watching her of course!) and Jasmine is always watching and smiling at Gemma.

I very recently (2weeks) now have 2 under 2. I wont lie, it is hard sometimes. The hardest thing for me is trying to let Mya know that i'm still her mummy aswell & i still love her just as much as b4 Bodhi arrived. She's still that little bit to young to understand. She is getting better tho & i know that in a couple of weeks she will be fine, just need to get into a routine & manage my time a bit better.
    I'm happy they will be close together in age tho

I think any kind of age gap has pro's and con's. The pro I would think (one of them) of having two so close is that once they're a bit older, it will be great. Hard in the beginning, but if you look at my gap, I'll be raising kids for ages, you could have all your kids raised close together and can sort of resume some sort of normal life for yourself earlier!! Good luck, all will work out, and people will have rude comments no matter what you do (why I dont' know, I would never say things like that to someone ) oxoxo

I just had to add that we have a 3 year age gap between Angus and Caleb and had to deal with toilet training regression which was really really hard. Having 2 in nappies was so much easier that having to deal with a little boy wetting and pooing in his pants several times a day for weeks on end!