Thread: Typical Male!

Angry Typical Male!

Today i decided to have a lay down and so left Jacob to look after Lily's lunch. Well he then just told me what he gave her. Tomato sauce on toast! I mean, what kind of lunch is that? It's not nutricious(sp) and to me that is just yuck! Am i over reacting here? Has anyone else's partner done something similar??

OMG!
    At least it sounds like a one off, Im assuming from your reaction it hasn't happened before?

While I agree its not nutritious, and very acidic, there are worse things he could have given her - I don't think you are overreacting though.

Hmm..that sounds a bit contradictory..its not coming out right...I'd just suggest it was possibly not the best idea for lunch, and maybe an alternative?

I don't think you're overreacting, it certainly isn't the most nutritious meal around and it sounds gross to me too. There is a possibility that Lily might have enjoyed it - toddlers can have wierd tastes sometimes. My DH feeds Yasin wierd food too and dresses him daggy. Sometimes I go off at him about it but as often as possible I try to let it slide. Lots of my friends have husbands who never look after thier children and I could count the number of times my father looked after me on one hand so I think that I'm quite lucky to have a partner who is so into being a Dad. He doesn't always do things the way I would like him to but if I want everything done my way then I would have to do everything myself IYKWIM. I geuss that for me when I wiegh up the gross food and dodgy clothes against the me time and the value to my boys of having a loving, attentive Dad it doesn't seem such a bad trade off IYKWIM.
    I think that Rachel's idea of suggesting a few alternatives for next time is a good one. Jacob might just be a bit clueless about what foods to prepare so if you point him in the direction of the vegemite or cheese he might make a better sandwich next time.

LMAO Tegan - I know its not funny but honestly... men!!! Tomato sauce on toast ROFL what a classic! I think some lunch suggestions are in order! Best of luck trying to get the message through!

Well apparently Lily liked it, but hey Lily would eat dirt if i let her! Don't get me wrong, Jacob normally feed's her good things, like cheese(which are both of their favourites) and vegemite. Which is why i think im so appalled because he's never done anything like this before! I think i've scared him into not doing it again coz i went off my rocker at him.

Dach - Know what you mean about the daggy clothes too lol. It's always a crack up seeing Lily after Jacob has dressed her lol.

I loved tomato sauce on toast when I was little!! Mum would let me have it occasionally and I think there are much worse things she could have been feeding me!!

LOL DH comes up with weird combo's too... although I must admit his clothing combo's are the worst in the world. I was thinking of doing up a "daddy clothing label" as a joke & putting photo's of the weird combo's together for Matilda to laugh at when she gets older.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Oh my DH is shocking when it comes to colour co-ordination with DS clothes!

lol tegan - but at least he feed her - if i left eliana with exdp i doubt he would have fed her! so i guess you are lucky that he does watch her & hopefully next time he will feed her something better

Tegan, it sounds like you have scarred him off feeding it to her again LOL
    My DP is anal about what our kids eat, so he wouldn't give that to them, but i am in total agreement on the "daddy dresscode", if dp dresses the boys to go out, i have to change them because they don't colour co ordinate

I remember when I was in hospital after having Grace, DH was at home with Harry and my mum. When he made dinner Harry refused to eat it and only wanted peas and corn, so DH gave him a bowl of peas and corn for dinner. My mum couldn't believe it! I thought, it could have been worse, at least he wanted veges!

DH is actually good with dressing the kids, but he can't do Grace's hair. I have to do it, and if I am not around then it will stay messy! He has given it a go, but he just doesn't have the knack IYKWIM.

YUCK oh well if Lily liked it I guess there are worse things to feed her, But yeah i do agree not a very healthy lunch for her.

I am hearing you girls on the damn mismatched clothes too. I consider myself a fairly decent dresser and I buy my children gorgeous clothes, so how is it then that when Mark dresses then they come out looking like bloody dags!!! If kills me not to go in and change them too

LOL Trish on occasion I have been known to redress Matilda just because I can't stand seeing her dressed so daggy....

LOL at all the daggy dads. My DH is trying his best but sometimes he just doesn't get it. Last week he got a jumper for Imran to put on outside and told me I'd be pleased with him because it was orange and it would match with Yasin's outfit. Too bad that Imran was wearing green jumpsuit LMAO

Olivia LOVES being gressed by Daddy.I think they both have the same shocking sense of colour co-ordination....makes me CRINGE.......

But, and credit where credit is due, I have nicknamed DH "Vidal" after Vidal Sassoon the hairdresser, as he is the ONLY person who can do Olivia's hair and make it look gorgeous and neat (bunches, pig-tails, plaits etc) and she LETS him spend hours on it without sreaming the house down.......I only have to pick up the brush and she chucks a tanty....so I put up with the daddy dresscode in trade for the gorgeous hair.......LOL

oh my goodness, thats just so silly its funny. Only a man could do that surely.