Thread: Um....Poos???

Default Um....Poos???

I know this is a wierd question but how many poos is "normal"? At the moment Hannah is doing about 6 -7 poos a day, they aren't diahorrea or anything bad, there are just lots of them!!! She isnt unhappy and at her last checkup was right on track for weight and growth.

Is there such a thing as a "normal amount of poo"?

Matilda did around 2 at that age & they were never "formed" but not sloppy so ikwym? I'm not sure about how many they should be doing...or how many is too many.

Melinda Guest

Gee....that's a good question! I don't know the answer unfortunately!

At that age Aidyn was also doing on average 1-3 per day.
    6-7 sounds like a fair bit, but then again I have no idea if there is such a thing as 'too much', especially as she seems perfectly healthy otherwise?!

Debbie Lee Guest

I have given up trying to figure out the poo thing.
    When Gabby was a few weeks old, she had poo in just about every single nappy.
    Then, after a while, she started doing one every second day (and usually after her first morning nap).
    Now she randomly poos at all different times a day... twice sometimes three times a day. Drives me nuts!! But I guess that's what solid food does (also she has recently been having more formula and less BM).

I think it varies but, if you're worried, definitely speak to someone about it.

i am not sure, jackson does one every day like clockwork between 7&10am! his are rarely formed, they are more like a really thick pumpkin soup.

my nephew is 11 months and he probably does a couple a day and they are always formed

Colleen Guest

Jaykob is almost 9.5 months & does 1-3 poos a day...

Some days I get more like 4-5 but thats if hes eaten something in particular....

Angus has ALWAYS been the poo machine. It's not unusual for him to do 3 or 4 a day.