Thread: Unwell 13 month old - will 12 day old get it?

Default Unwell 13 month old - will 12 day old get it?

Ahhhh my DD has come down with a bug that's doing the rounds apparently - fever, cold symptoms and diarrohea. DS is only 12 days old and I guess it's inevitable that he'll getit, which worries me 'cos he is too young to take anything for it. He is BF - will this help protect him at all? I HATE it when kids get sick!

Ah shucks I meant to post this in the General Baby and Toddler thread - can a mod please move it for me. Sorry!

I was exactly the same, it worried me having an 8 year old getting sick and a newborn. I think you'll find he should be protected by bf. I noticed with my daughter, she only started picking things up at about 5/6 months. I guess nature designs it so it's ok, as there are heaps of families with many siblings ( i often thought about that and it made me feel better)!! Good luck, hope it goes quickly and bub is fine xoxo

I agree, you'll probably find Ned will not be affected by the bug & bF him will certainly give him antibodies to fight off any bugs!

Poor Soph & Poor Lucie..... But Ned will be fine!!!

Awww poor little Lucie. Hope it doesnt knock her around too much Soph. I bet all those fantastic antibodies in your bmilk will do wonders at protecting Ned.

Jo

Just moving for you Soph

Ah love ya guys, thanks heaps. I am that Ned is ok. One grumble bum is enough for moi!