Thread: Vapourisers

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Vapourisers

I have gotten out the vapouriser for the kids who are very blocked up (gets worse at night) and they have become very chesty and coughing - is it true that it's not ideal to use when it goes to their chest? I don't have any chesty cough medicine and poor Marisa keeps gagging and coughing...

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

My GP said to use the vapouriser with Matilda the last two weeks with her chest infection... he said the steam will help soothe the irritated bronchi... I found that if I turned it on and steamed up the room before she went to bed, there wasn't as much of that trying to get to sleep mess and I would turn the vapouriser off when we went to bed at night.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Ahhh thanks Christy! I felt awful leaving it on in case, but I don't know what else I can do for them both
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.