Thread: Vomiting

Default Vomiting

My son Oliver is almost 4 months old and fully breastfed. He has never been a big chucker, just the odd curdy posset every now and then. But for the last week he has been doing frequent spews, some of them projectile. This morning he fed in bed from both breasts, projectile chundered all over the bed, then promptly fell asleep. Most of his spews have been clear, no curds. We have a family history of reflux - I had it badly as a baby, hubby still has it - but I would have thought it would have presented before now. Its it unusual for a baby to suddenly start vomiting? There have been no other symptoms of illness I can see and he is his usual self.

Hi leebee, Natty wasn't much of a chucker either, but sometimes she'd let a ripper go and everything would be covered. Personally, I don't think it is anything to worry about unless he seems troubled/ out of sorts in which case he might have a tummy bug (and in which case, your bm would be the best thing for you to give him). If everything was getting thrown up, or if reflux was an issue, he'd no doubt complain because he'd be either hungry or in pain, I'd have thought.
    If he's happy, then it sounds to me like he's just giving you some of those less glamorous motherly experiences!

Thanks Amy. He is still his normal self so I'm guessing he was just a greedy guts and drank too much.

Thank god for the waterproof mattress protector I put on our bed while I was pregnant. It had soaked the mattress protector so would have soaked the mattress if it hadn't been there.

OMG yeah - thank goodness. Fortunately we haven't had a bed-vommie here, but the carpet's copped a few nasty ones LOL. Good to hear he's not unhappy with it