Thread: Vomitting mucus

Default Vomitting mucus

Every time Charlie vomits after a feed it is full of mucus. So it just looks like mucusy milk. Is this a problem at all? Should I take him to a doctor about it?

No, it's just clear stringy stuff mixed with formula.

does he have a cold or a chest infection maybe?

My sisters bub was doing the same thing... was a chest infection. He didnt have any other symptoms of it, like coughing etc.

Abby also had a lot of mucus type stuff coming up after her feeds when she had a bad cold at about 4 months.

Tegan thats actually completely normal for a reflux baby unfortunately.... both of mine have done it or are currently doing it.

Well apparently he doesn't have reflux now. Apparently he's just a spewy baby. Im sick of getting different opinions off doctors!

Its still mucusy, but he doesnt seem bothered by it at all. So i don't know.

hmmm.... You know that there are a lot of opinions out there. When Matilda was diagnosed with silent reflux she didn't have all the symptoms but had burns on the back of her throat. When I took her to sleep school the nurses & paediatrician there laughed at me, until the second night when she was so ill from reflux it was awful... she was regurgitating and having mucous pour out her mouth. Then the nurses changed their minds & called the paed back in for a reassessment.

Jovie hasn't had an official diagnosis and doesn't have burns but has all the symptoms. But to get them diagnosed officially you have to have invasive procedures which I'm not willing to do.

Anyway... I guess as long as he's not bothered by it then maybe just watch his breathing & if that gets bad take him in, although we all know how bad those emergency doctors can be