Thread: Waking up to Poo

Default Waking up to Poo

Is it normal for a baby to wake themselves up when they are doing a poo? I have found that each morning Tori will wake up and start wiggiling around between 5-7 and then do a massive poo, once she has finished she is quite happy to go back to sleep, but obviously we change her nappy straight away. Do babies normally wake up to do a poo?

when they are that age usually, yes..it is a strange sensation them(from what i've been told)and they still aren't used to it..i think thats all it is..

littlerigger Guest

completely normal Ali. Ryan does it too. his fave trick at the moment is to wait til we open his nappy in the morning & then poo!!! I think he hates having a pooey bottom!!

Hehehe, I think I'd want my pooey nappy off asap too (hypothetically!). Clever little tykes...

Charlie still wakes himself up every morning to do a poo.........every morning I hear him chuckle at around 7.15 pm, like he is glad to get rid of it, LOL!

LOL Lucy, Yasin seems to like his morning poo too. I have him sleeping with a onesie under his PJs at the moment because he seems so very interested in what's in the nappy afterwards.
    I think most bubbas wake up when they poo. I imagine it would be pretty hard to sleep through one.

PMSL Lucy!! That's so funny!

Emma was pooing several times a night at that age, it was such a releif when she grew out of it!

Ali - yep. Tallon would wake up and grunt and groan and then explode! LOL. I agree it would be hard to sleep through.. plus that young they don't understand what it is their body is trying to do!

Marnie used to do that but she has a new trick from tonight...
    Wait until she's in the bath seat and do a poo then! Great Marnie - thank goodness Daddy was home to clean that up.

Ali sounds normal to me !
    Aneta usually starts her " pooing process " 7am... she pushes and farts during her sleep.. and during her feeds , and we usually get the poo in the afternoon - she obviously isnt in pain , and it doesnt wake her - the poos are normal " texture " so we just let her be