Thread: Walking on toes

Default Walking on toes

Zander has taken to walking on his toes in the last few weeks. My sister keeps telling me that it's not good for the muscles in his lower legs as some will be overused & others under used which can cause problems later.

Has anyone heard this? And how can I stop him doing it? When I tell him to walk on his feet (sounds kinda dumb I know!), he smiles and stomps his feet then keeps going. Kind of like "see I can do it" and then he goes back to his toes! Cheeky monster!

I have found Lily is doing this too, i have no idea why. Maybe they just want to be taller??

Nup its fine I've heard many many stories of how it bows legs creates bad posture etc but have been told its fine by a dr. I did it as a kid and I'm fine, in fact I used to be able to stand on the very point of my toes...

The muscle thing is a myth

*hugs*
    Cailin

Oh yay, that's a relief.

My really good friends 2 1/2 year old prefers walking on her toes and its cute to watch, Matilda did it for a few days after staying with them, but stopped... sometimes she decides to walk on her tip toes and then stand normally.

motherduck Guest

My brother did the same thing when he was little and we all thought he was going to be a ballerina ( we teased him badly ) He is now a six foot shearer.

LOL Jean. What a crack up!!
    Jenna has been doing this for about the last 2m or so on and off. I think she likes the feel and the height gain
    Like you Sarah, sometimes I just remind her to walk or stomp, and she goes back to doing it. Normally she doesn't do it with shoes on.
    I'm pleased it is a myth too - phew!

DH and I both did this as kids (I wanted to be a ballet dancer but I don't know what his excuse was). We only found this out recently when we compared notes.