Thread: Wanting the light on to sleep

Default Wanting the light on to sleep

Grrrrrrrr I just get Ned's sleep sorted again (touch wood) and now Lucie (27 months) has turned into an absolute NIGHTMARE. At the moment she is refusing to sleep without the light on. Even if I go in and turn it off when she is asleep, she wakes up 30 mins later and screams out for the light to go back on. Anyone else been through this? Tell me I'm not alone! I've thought of just taking out the globe and telling her it's broken?

Does she have a nightlight or a lamp?
    Aidyn's nighttime sleeping improved dramatically when we bought him a buzz lightyear lamp, with a 15watt globe.
    I honestly thought it wouldn't make a difference, but it really did!

maybe if you take Lucy to the shops, and let her pick the nightlight she would like, might make hings a little easier... good luck xx

She's never been afraid of the dark but it looks like she is now. We always have her door ajar and the light on outside so it has never been pitch black anyway. I will try the nightlight though, thanks, we're just moving soon so I'm not really sure what to do! I'll let her choose one too.....fingers crossed it works

Zander is going through the same stage at the moment, though I am able to turn the light off when I go to bed without any issues. Only in the last week or so has he decided he absolutely must have the light on! We're lucky in that it has a dimmer so it's pretty low & not full on light. So no advice, just letting you know you're not the only one

We would have Aidyn's door wide open, and leave the toilet light on (which was just next door) but apparently it still wasn't enough!

Eliza sleeps in a room with the light on..not a lamp a light has done since she was in hospital, but needs the blinds pulled to sleep thou the day. Weird Kid