Thread: Washing Clothes...

Default Washing Clothes...

When did you start using normal washing powder for bubs clothes? I've been in such a habit of using lux flakes but I assume I could just use normal washing powder now??
    It would also be easier so I could just throw in Louis' clothes with our washing rather than a seperate load.

Thanks!!

Even though DS is only 2 months old - his clothes get washed with ours now in normal detergent. Having said that though, we are very fortunate not to have ANY allergies or eczema or anything in either families, so I have never been too concerned about any of that. It's heaps easier!

Yeah, he doesn't have any allergies or eczema either so I'll throw them in and see how we go!

Oh Kristie, I have been using regular washing powder for ages now. I thik I stopped after about 2-3 months. I got sick of the wasted water to wash his clothes seperatly.
    I just buy normal powder and he is fine. Jordan has really sensitive skin too, he has had eczema but he has not had problems with washing powder.

I would put his clothes in with yours now for sure

It's funny how you just get in a routine of something and don't think about whether you really have to be doing it iykwim? hehe. I feel silly now! hehe.

You know, I used normal washing powder/liquid from day dot. I don't even separate Blake's clothes from ours. Only coloured from whites is as good as it gets in our house!

Rachel - I can see that happening when no.2 arrives!!! hehe. It certainly makes less work!

Other than washing the babies clothes before they were born, i have always done just the one load, i have enough washing to do without worrying about doing babies clothes separately... I use Dynamo Liquid (bulk buy from Kmart - 5L for $17) or Aldi Powder (4kg for $3.49, is great stuff) and my kids have sensitive skin, no probs there. Lux flakes only get used for clothes first wash...

Lol Rachel, I'm the same, Riv's stuff gets washed with ours! But like Soph, we've been blessed not to have any allergy/rash probs, and it might be worth mentioning that I use half the amount of detergent and don't use fabric softener.

So I guess you could use what you use for your clothes Kristie, just don't use too much detergent since I'm guessing that it's a buildup of detergent in the clothes that would irritate bubs, if anything?

Good question
    We could probably start washing Aneta's clothes with ours but
    a) i LOVE the smell of her clothes after the lux soap flakes
    b) i do her washing everyday ( sometimes twice a day )

Whoops, I never thought twice about chucking Caty's stuff in the wash with ours....I use Cold Power, but have a front loader so don't use much of it.

I've always washed the kids clothes with ours.

I wash the kids clothes with ours, always have, but I use OMO Sensitive, because Janae's skin gets irritated even after one load of normal powder. It works just as well as others.

Bel