Thread: Washing powder and baby clothes

NewmumLou Guest

Question Washing powder and baby clothes

Just a quick question! When did everyone stop washing their babies clothes in baby washing powder? As i want to start washing Joshuas clothing in normal powder with the rest of our stuff rather than having to buy 2 different powders!

I guess it depends on if DS has reactions to normal powder?

Ill use Amolin liquid and Purity Softener for quite a while yet.....i at least know she has no reaction to it.

I stopped using the baby stuff for DD's clothes when she was about 2 months old and she didn't have any problems.

I'm still using it for DS though because when I washed his clothes in regular powder when he was about a month old he did come out in a rash. I'll probably give it another go when the bottle I have now runs out since he's nearly 5 months now.

All you can do is try - if he comes out in a rash (DS's wasn't anything nasty, it just looked like a bit of prikly heat on his trunk) just go back to the baby stuff.

I just bought Omo sensative so that way everyones clothes can go in it and DD has no reaction to it and she does have sensative skin.

NewmumLou Guest

Ahh thanks girls! I will give it a go!

Mummahol Guest

Hi, I still wash my sons clothes in the Amolin Baby Wash and he will be one on Sunday. It's in a liquid form and you can get it at Coles, no more than $5/bottle and lasts for ages. It has a beautiful baby smell and you need not worry of it irritating your little one's skin