Thread: Wat age do.....

Question Wat age do.....

.....do babies normally start rolling and crawling??

DD is 3 months today and does not crawl or even roll......is there something im doing wrong or should be doing??

There is nothing wrong with your DD. Its very normal for them to not be rolling or crawling (especially crawling) at 3months.

My DD did the occassional roll at about 31/2 months, started doing one way at about 41/2 months and both ways by 5 months. She started crawling at 61/2 months, and that is pretty early. Some babies don't start crawling till much later.

All babies are different and will do everything in their own time, so I wouldn't worry!

My DD didn't start crawling until 10 months old. She was rolling around from about 4 months.

DS started rolling at 3 months but not very much. Only now, at 4.5 months, he rolls a lot.

Matilda started rolling both ways at 10 weeks and crawling at 4 1/2months. Jovie hasn't rolled yet and is 3 1/2 months.

It is certainly normal and you have nothing to worry about. Are you doing tummy time daily? This is the best thing you do for their rolling and crawling skills.

Jesse didnt roll until he was 4 months (back to front) and front to back at 5 months. He doesnt crawl yet either.. and theres only 1 bubs in our buddies that is comando crawling.. so you have nothing to worry about! Enjoy the time while shes not moving! As once she starts rolling youll be up all night rolling her back over when she gets stuck

Is she a bigger baby, or slight?

Milo rolled at 5 months, and crawled at about 9 months.

My MCHN always said she didn't think he would stil til around 5 months, cos he was always a bigger (80th percentile, so not huge) baby, and she said the lighter babies normall roll much earlier.

Whe he did roll, he did it 3 times on the first day, and then very infrequently for the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieR View Post
    It is certainly normal and you have nothing to worry about. Are you doing tummy time daily? This is the best thing you do for their rolling and crawling skills.
    agree with this!

Chelsea has always been under average for everything in her age group..

She HATES tummy time with a passion as well... and screams the house down... gets so worked up... and end up with vomit....but i do try and do it when i can.

she will still do it without much tummy time - but it may take longer (which doesn't matter).
    laying on her back on the floor helps aswell.

Thanks Joh, she loves time on her back...feel sorry for babies... spendin sooo much time on their back..... she loves sitting up too... so i give her variety!

Im sure when she starts crawling ill be saying damn!!

Kim, try putting a rolled up towel under her chest, about nipple height. An ECHN suggested it to me & Zander was much better with tummy time after I started.

Jesse hated tummy time too, so i never overly pushed it. Id give him a minute (if he even got that far before screaming!) every second day, but he learnt to roll himself by just lifting his legs and turning (back to front at 4 months - no longer than other babies).. i dont think tummy time aided to it at all.. not that im saying tummy time is bad, just that they do things when they are ready. Once he could go back to front he then learnt how to go front to back by himself. I think just floor time in general is the most aiding thing to them building their muscles and moving.
    Last edited by ShootingStar; March 3rd, 2007 at 03:25 PM.

Tummy time is more for building up the neck muscles I think.

Olivia NEVER rolled...we had to teach her how to do it when she was 11 months, LOL!

Equally, she never crawled either: she bottom shuffled instead, and even then she didn't start bottom shuffling till she was 12 months old. (She was also a late walker: took her till 15 months to weight bear, 17 months to cruise furniture, 20 months to walk........)

SO PLEASE DO NOT WORRY!!!!

(BTW Lexie has only just started rolling this week: she is 5 months old......)