Thread: Water

Jen Schuster Guest

Default Water

HI

We have a little boy who will not drink water. We have tried cups, bottles, sippa cups - you name it we have tried it.

However he will drink very diluted fruit juice but only about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup a day.

We give him 3-4 bottles of milk everyday cause we are worried he is not getting enough fluids.

Joshua is 12 months how much fluid should he be drinking??

Thanks for your help

Love Jen

It probably doesn't matter that he isn't drinking water as long as he is getting fluids from elsewhere which you have said he is.

As for how much, Lachlan will drink 2 sippy cups of water a day usually, which is about 250ml I think, and that is really all he has unless he flogs Kamerons fruit box.

Love

Matilda was pretty similar and we tried every different type of cup you could think of. We just gradually reduced her bottles to 1 small bottle in the morning and 1 250ml at night. Throughout the day she is offered water & after lunch/before nap time she's given a cup of milk which she will drink all of (around 150ml) she only sips throughout the day and maybe gets 50mls total, but our ECHN said keep persisting this way and she'll get there. We don't give her any fruit juice at all because we are trying to get her to drink water. HTH

Default Water

Mackenzie didn't like water at the start but I add a small amount of Ribena and then just stopped putting it in and now she will drink it all day long. keep trying with the cups, I went thru 5 before we finally found one she liked (Pidgeon). She preferred this cup because of the soft spout, great when shes teething. She chews it and gets water at the same time. It took a little while but she eventually started drinking from the cup no problems.

Default Water

Mackenzie didn't like water at the start but I add a small amount of Ribena and then just stopped putting it in and now she will drink it all day long. keep trying with the cups, I went thru 5 before we finally found one she liked (Pidgeon). She preferred this cup because of the soft spout, great when shes teething. She chews it and gets water at the same time. It took a little while but she eventually started drinking from the cup so keep offering it - you never know!