Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which way do you like better - a change table dilemma (of sorts LOL)

Question Which way do you like better - a change table dilemma (of sorts LOL)

OK so I had envisioned how the change table would be placed in Shae's new bedroom but now that I have it in there I cannot decide which way I like best. SO I thought I would turn the question to all the keen eyed BBers

Oh I should mention the change table will not actually be used as a change table but as a shelf
    I hope this works oopppss still no luck ...eeeek c'mon link please work

Ok So option one: across the cot:
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...6/DSCN5433.jpg

option 2: across the wall:
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...6/DSCN5434.jpg

Dh likes it across the cot FWIW

Thanks so much everyone
    Last edited by Inanna; August 30th, 2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: photos cannot be posted please read guidelines

help ...... can't get rid of the pictures and just have a link I am so dumb someone puwlease help before I get into trouble oppps too late ....... but I think I have it now

I've done it my love.

Nae I'm with DH on this one - across the cot however having said that, the furniture in my kids' rooms hardly ever stays in the same place long. I like variety

Thanks Inanna

No problem & I meant to say I'm wth your DH too!

MF - yeah I am a bit more partial to it that way too. I should there is a power point just in front of it when its running along the cot I can still get a powerboard but the drawers might knock it ... dunno how practical it is that way ... it is how I had imagined it though

why dont u put a teddy in the cot and practice taking it out and putting it on the change table when its positioned both ways. that way you can see which way you like and whats easier.

Teresa, the change table will only be used as a set of shelves we have a "baby change station" in an otherwise useless bit of space in another part of the house . its just i dunno which position I prefer it in. Shae will be shifted into this room for her first birthday in a couple of months time x

lol oops ok. maybe the way your DH likes it then sorry

not a prob hun

Across the cot. We had the same set up (I think even the same change table ) in DS1s room and it worked well. The only thing was when he got bigger he learned how to climb out and get on top of it...

Was the photo taken from the doorway? If so, I would consider what is going to be put into the shelves - if it's going to look nice and decorative most of the time I would be ok with it facing the doorway - if it's going to contain stuff that isn't so pretty, I'd go with the other option!

Quote Originally Posted by *star* View Post
    Was the photo taken from the doorway? If so, I would consider what is going to be put into the shelves - if it's going to look nice and decorative most of the time I would be ok with it facing the doorway - if it's going to contain stuff that isn't so pretty, I'd go with the other option!
    Star - I have a heap of baby books for the under shelf part and on top I have a "tinkerbell caught in a lamp" music thing that mum gave Shae when she was born ... sort of a collectable thing. Its really sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    The only thing was when he got bigger he learned how to climb out and get on top of it...

I hadn't thought of that

I like it across the wall

I think it looks nice across the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeNae View Post
    Star - I have a heap of baby books for the under shelf part and on top I have a "tinkerbell caught in a lamp" music thing that mum gave Shae when she was born ... sort of a collectable thing. Its really sweet
    hmmm, if you put it across her cot, how easily will she reach the tinkerbell thing? E is standing and reaching stuff from her cot now, so i'd be wary if it's something you don't want her to get at and drag into her cot...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast