Thread: Weird Poo?

Default Weird Poo?

Hi there,
    Kyla has been a bit off colour the last few days. Yesterday she appeared to have tummy cramps and was doing bad smells, she has been holding her tongue in her mouth strangely, really tired and teary. She is also off her solid food and not that enthusiastic about her bottles.
    Anyway, today she did a poo which was really weird looking, it was mustardy colour with bits through it that looked like cooked egg white and stringy cooked egg like bits. I haven't fed her anything different.
    Could this be due to teething? Has anyone encountered this?
    Not sure if she's teething (her top gums look fat), sick (she did have gastro about a month ago) or allergic to dairy (as I am).
    Any ideas?

oh thats hard... has she had a temperature? I find it so confusing when there isn't something very obvious to go on. I usually think if their demeanour has changed, tired & teary, lethargic or depressed than its worth getting checked out straight away. If she is still happy & running (or moving) around like normal than it could be teeth & worth keeping an eye on.

Matilda has a sensitivity to dairy but it showed up as a milk intolerance when she was started on milk. Within a few days of introducing whole cows milk into her diet she was having mustard coloured loose poos. And as soon as she went back on to her formula the poo stopped.

Goodluck!!

Carrie - I'd say if she's off food and bottles and not acting "herself" for more than 24 hours then it's worth a trip to the doc.

I know nappy-rash is commonly linked to teething, but haven't heard of a link with funny poos.

Jackson does really runny foul smelling poo's when he is teething. He has had the eggwhite sort of mucous (sounds so gross!!!) poo's before, but I can't remember what I thought the cause was - sorry, not much help. I am with dee though, if it continues, I would take a trip to the doc

Thanks for your help,
    I went to her pead this morning who said there doesn't appear to be anything particularly wrong. So perhaps its just the teething.
    I'll keep an eye on her.

tiggy Guest

Carrie,

It sounds like the same sort of poo I was getting from I&N post gastro... perhaps a little bit of lactose intolerence from when she was sick?

Carrie, this is what Milo's poos are like ATM. he has gastro - but he's been vomiting too.

The started off just loose, but got pregressivly looser, and then the jelly/egg white stuff.

He's also had it when teething, or trying new food.