Thread: What age did your baby start sitting?

Default What age did your baby start sitting?

me ( again ) !

Just wondering what age your babies started to sit ??
    Aneta is being unusual with her milestones again - when we put her on her tummy she doesnt like lifting her head much - but lately when we put her down in her pram or anywhere actually she lifts her head and shoulders half way to a sitting position.. is this how it all begins?? ... She's 5 months old soon .. but it doesnt make sense because we thought she wouldnt sit for ages because of her hate of tummy time hmmmm

Tehya first started sitting up unaided for short ammounts of time just before she was 6 months old.

Remember all babies are different. My second son didn't sit up properly until he was nearly 8 months old. I think his butt was too round

Hey there. Ashlea was sitting up at 5 months, and my little newphew was at 5 1/2 months. They were both fairy early, Ashlea was just always (and still is) full on and crazy and HAD to be upright and moving around. Ashlea and Jaiden also both had reflux which I think was a factor as lying down upset them.
    Another friend of mine's baby didnt start sitting without being held until 10 months.
    Its very true, all babies are different

Seth was 6 mths. Paris didn't sit till she was 8 months and probably 9-10 months unnassisted... oh how different they were and don't I know about it now with my little bruiser LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Last Tuesday! LOL but Darcy has been able to support her own weight and head since birth and to stand up holding onto something since 2 months old. She started doing 'crunches' about the same time.
    But she hates tummy time too so it might be closer than you think.....GO ANETA!

My three were all different, Lindsay was nearly 8 months, Erin was 4 months and Paige was right on 6 months. They all liked their tummy time and had always had excellent head and neck control, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Sophia first sat up unaided at about 5.5 months. She's always had excellent head control but hates tummy time, I don't see her learning to crawl for ages if at all. However, she's been doing 'crunches' for months and has loved to stand up since she was 3 months old.

Charlie started sitting at about 5 months - he is very good at it now (6 1/2 momnths) he still can't go from a lie down position to sitting but if i pop him on the ground sitting he'll play there for ages

Emily was just on 9 months - she sat, crawled and got her first four teeth all in the same week.
    Needless to say we didn't sleep that week LOL.

haha Flea OMG - and you lived to tell the tale?? Well done!