Thread: At what age did your toddler stop their afternoon sleep???

Default At what age did your toddler stop their afternoon sleep???

hi there,

I am just interested in hearing from other mums/dads about when their toddler stopped having daytime naps.

My son has just turned 2 and half and still has a 2-3 hour afternoon sleep. Some say we are lucky, others say their children often still needed naps until they started school....

My son gets up eariler (6am) however, so by 12:30/1pm he is ready to crash !!

what about your toddler??

Custardtart Guest

Mine had daily naps until they were four years old, then they only had them when they really needed a catch-up, not as part of a routine.

Kerrie

Kimberley still has a day time nap of about 2 hrs and she is 2 yrs 3months.
    I am glad she is still has a nap during the day even more so now we have a new baby i am going to make the most of it while it lasts.

Kameron is 3.5 and rarely has an afternoon nap and then it is only if he just happens to fall asleep on the lounge or something, and he has been that way for quite a while

Lachlan is nearly 14 mths and has just gone from having 2 naps a day to 1 nap

Love

My just turned 4 year old rarely has a daytime sleep (maybe once every 2 weeks?) She dropped a daily sleep just before she turned 3.

My 2 and a half year old still has an hour's sleep during the day, but has started to fight it lately.

They both go to bed at 7pm. Zeke gets up between 5.30 and 6am, and Gabrielle at around 7am.

thanks for the responses.........looks like my 2 and half year old may want to drop his afternoon nap by the time he is 3... which means I better get preggo soon if I want to have a rest in my first trimester!!

thanks everyone...

Kellee Guest

Charlie usually only has one sleep in the day - mid morning to early afternoon - for about 45 minutes. If for some reason he doesn't get that, he catnaps in the car/pram when we're out. I dread to think how crappy I'm going to feel in my next pregnancy with no time to rest through the day!

Nicholas stopped having his afternoon sleep when he was 2 (he is now 2.5 yrs) if he is tired he may just have a nap on the couch.

Kameron stopped day time naps not long after he turned 2. He definitely wasn't having them at 2yrs and 5mths as that is when Lachlan was born, and i know i couldn't sleep during the day cause Kam didn't go for naps.

Love

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Marisa stopped between 11-12 months and that's not a word of a lie. Makes for a very tired mummy!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Ali Guest

My DD is 3yrs and still has a 1-2hr nap most days. She probably misses 1 or 2 days p/week. I still manage to get her into bed by 8pm so I think I must be quite lucky!