Thread: What age do we stop giving bottles?

Default What age do we stop giving bottles?

Hi,

DD is 22 months. Currently has 1x 125mls bottle in the day of full cows milk, and 1x225mls at night, before bed. I end up throwing more than half away - she not interested. When do i stop giving her bottles? I understand they need milk, am i able to give it to her in a cup - once a day?
    I breastfed till she was 8 months old, she has never, ever been a lover of cows milk since i weaned her......

Any advice?

Have you not thought about putting the milk into a cup ?

Kimberley stopped using a bottle when she was 1 but has started using one again now because Alex has one. I will stop her using it again soon.

I have thought about a cup, i guess my question is what is the recommended quantity of cows milk, should a child of nearly 2 years be drinking?

Lachlan is 15mths old and stopped using a bottle just 2 days ago. He has a sippy cup of milk that he will drink over the course of a day. Apart from that it is just milk on his breakfast and milk in the mash spuds.

Love

Maybe just give her half the amount and just top the cup or bottle up when she has finished. Not sure how much they should have i just give it when Kimberley asks.