Thread: What can i do ...

Question What can i do ...

The last week Izzy has had a clear running nose that won't stop... And a dry cough at night that keeps waking her up... she is also getting her 2yo molars...
    Just wondering is there anything i can use to stop her nose from running and clear the cough?!?!?!
    She hasn't had a tempreture or anything just these symptoms...

Have you tried a vaporiser in her room to keep the air moist Cass?? I find when my Iz is like this it really helps her to breathe. You can also slightly raise the end of her bed to help the mucous run out - rather than back down her throat. If you have ducted heating you can put bowls of water on the vents ( I have a few vents that I can actually tip water into ) to moisten the air as well. Hope she gets better soon.

You may find that the cough is from the mucous running down the back of her throat. In addition to Tan's suggestions, you could use vicks, or dimetapp to help dry her up?

Fess for little noses is good for sucking out the snot. If she is teething, you may find the nose is related to that and the cough could be from the mucous running down the throat as someone else said. There isn't much you can do though. We sometimes give DD Demzain to dry her nose out but with the new regulations starting Sept 1 it is getting hard to buy it as most pharmacists now try not to give it to you...

HTH

MG

i bought one of the 'fess little noses' and used it for the first time on thursday and it works a treat in getting all the snot out!

Thanks ladies! I've taken a little bit of each of your suggestions -
    I've tilted her bed up a little...
    Got vicks
    Had to go to the doctors to get a script for Dimetapp, He checked her over, her chest, throat, ears are clear. said its a mixture of teething and virus.
    I've got my nose sucker i love it -

Last night i gave her a dose of dimetapp, some vicks, put her vaperiser on and she didnt wake up once!

Thanks girls!

Yay! Glad to hear it Cass, it is so hard to hear them struggling to breathe because of a blocked up nose. Hope she gets better very soon!

beautiful, gald to hear that you all got a good nights sleep!