Thread: what car seat???

Default what car seat???

well i'm not sure were to put this.

i am just wondering how old the average 32kg child is???

im just thinking about car seats and what ones to buy etc.

hope someone can help.

we have the safe n sound Meridian AHR and found it great - before that we hired a safe n sound capsule which Flynn used till he was 6 mo

At very close to 2 years old Alexzander is around 13kg, if that helps! His carseat changes to be a booster and lasts up until 26kg which the ooklet says is around 4-5 years.

My Son is 5 & 1/2 and he weighs 25kgs he doesnt use any car seat or booster seat anymore hasnt for ages HTH

my son is 12kg and he is only 9 months old - our car seat does up to 4years old i think!

Fire Fly Guest

DD is 4 in march and around 17kg, her Maxi Rider goes upto 26kg but she will be out of it before then. Thats my dilemma now is finding a chair that is still a 5 point system for these kids that i think are still to young to go to a normal seat belt set up.
    The Hipod is my only next safe option but it may not fit im my car with 2 other seats.

thanks all this has helped a lot.

Moving to General Baby & Toddler Discussion

I think seems this is your first you should look at getting the Maxi rider. It will last your child much longer then most. Both my boys were too big for there seats by 2 & a bit. Even though the seat is recomended for up to 4yrs (18kg) they were just to tall for them by 2. I now have my 4 yr old in the Hipod & my 2 yr old in a booster seat with harness.
    If I could go back to the beginning & buy again I would get the Maxi rider as it would still be ok for Evan & Glenn & I wouldn't have had to buy extre seats that don't have the 5 point harness. But I wouldn't buy the maxi rider now as its a lot of money when I only get 1 stage out of it instead of all 3.

My eldest is 7 and is just 25kg.. He is average weight for his age..

my youngest is almost 18 months and weighs 11.5kg..