Thread: What to do?

Default What to do?

I am in a bt of a quandry as to what to do with Tori for her sleeps. SHe still really needs to be wrapped because you flaps her arms around like an over excited chook when she is tired and just can't get off to sleep. However, since she has started to roll she has decided that she prefers to sleep on her side/ tummy, and several times I have gone into her and found her asleep on her face. If she was un wrapped this would be fine because I know she can lift herself up off her face etc, but when she is swaddled she is kinda stuck.
    So do I try and wean her off of being wrapped, or do I find a way to stop her rolling over?

Hi Ali

I wouldnt try stopping her from rolling Id try and get rid of the wrap. My nurse told me that after 4 months they should be ok. My son stopped being wrapped at about 4 1/2 months and it only took a couple of days for him to get use to it.

Good luck and let us know what happens

Kirsty77 Guest

My girls are both tummy sleepers and Jasmine is only 3 weeks and already prefers her tummy. I would most definitely stop wrapping her. They need to be able to roll around. Not sure how to stop wrapping as with Gem I just stopped cold turkey as she hated being wrapped, same with Jasmine.

Morning Ali,

I would also be more inclined to get of the wrapping (if at all posisble) as it is going to be Tori's natural instinct to keep trying to roll and that will be a lot harder to stop. Alex also ends up sleeping on his tummy because of the rolling so we are simply putting him in warmer pjs (strange hearing myself saying that cause it is 40 today but the aircon is cool) to compensate for the lack in blankies. You could also try one of those sleeping bags too if you are concerned.

As for the flapping arms thing, Alex did that for a while but he just grew out of it - dunno how he stopped but he just did!

Hi
    I also would stop the wrapping. I heard the sleeping bags are wonderful... Why dont you give them a try!
    Goodluck

Can you wrap her to go to sleep & then unwrap her when she's asleep? Josiah has started sleeping on his tummy too, but I only wrap him when he's falling asleep (or hold him really tightly) then gently unwrap him as I put him in bed.

Bel

Another alternative could be the safe n sound anti-roll pillow....Paige loves to sleep on her side - it helps her get her spews up when she is asleep...it has adjustable velcro so you can widen it as the baby grows. She sleeps wonderfully in between her two pillows.

Kaitlyn started sleeping on her tummy around 6 or 7months. She really needed the wrap to sleep even at that age so I moved her to a sleeping bag and I was suprised how quickly she adjusted...only took a couple of nights!.

kel Guest

Default no more wrap

hi
    have gone cold turkey with our girls and lucy 22mths still has a sleeping bag.goodluck

Fee Guest

I would definitely get rid of the wrapping. I think it's a bit dangerous once they are rolling. I would be worried!