Thread: What to do with my foul-mouthed DD??

Default What to do with my foul-mouthed DD??

Hi guys,

I am mortified at the moment, my DD has an awful fascination with the words f*** off. MY GOD......

I don't know what to do, if we ignore it it get's worse, if we tell her off it gets worse. I even tried curry powder on her tongue this morning and it's happened 3 times already!!! She even asked for more!!!

She does it when she's by herself and something goes wrong, she does it when she's fighting with DS, she does it all the time!!

DH does say it I know, and he is aware of it and is trying to stop the outbursts. DS did try it out a few times but quickly learnt it just wasn't acceptable and that was that.

She is a challenging child anyway (VERY stubbourn and has an attitude already!) but this is just awful, she was doing it at daycare yesterday and that really is not acceptable.

Any ideas???

God it's hard when they are that age. Is there anything she loves that you can threaten to take away (and go through with it) if she does it again? A video or no TV time or someting?

Otherwise maybe no park for a week or something!

mrmoo Guest

Good luck Bec. I have a challenging miss too, so you're not alone there! Just be persistant with the tips already offered and she will *be good* for you.

storm04 Guest

My dd and ds do that as well both 4 and 2. ds isnt too bad now he knows its a naughty word but if he sees something really exciting he will go Ohh F(**** mum.
    Its my fault and hubbies fault as we used to say it not intentionally, but at the heat of the moment etc.
    Now ds does it this sweet little girl sitting in the pram and she is going ohh F***.
    I do tend to ignore it now and havent said a bad word myself for a lonnngggg time!!
    Each time she sais it now i said oh no say Wow so she is replacing all the F moments with wow, i just say it and i think its working....slowly!
    it is hard though hubby is a mechanic so when the boys are out in the shed having a get together they go out there and hear all the man talk.
    My biggest mistake was laughing which i guess it completely normal at first as you think omg what do i do but now the Wow factor is the best so far for me!
    It will pass i am sure. Good luck

Thanks guys, some great suggestions there! Nice to know I'm not the only one.....was beginning to feel like a bad parent or something! I know it must sound like we swear all the time but we don't, it's a heat of the moment thing and unintentional but it does still happen. The diversion sounds great, and I even started to praise her this morning for when she WASN'T using the naughty word and that's working so far, only early days yet.

Aaaggh I am SO with you right now!

DD is saying Oh F***! and What the hell? All the time. I too am mortified.
    We have been ignoring for weeks now and it isn't working, she'll stop for a few days like she's forgotten and then just start it up again. I'm taking her to my mum's today for a few days and I just know she's going to let fly there, my mother will clip ME around the ear! LOL.
    I don't know what to do so will be watching to see if there's some advice here for us as well.
    Just know you are not alone

Ah Flea!!! Thankyou!!! She is just so cunning and knows how to get under my skin......she's a clever one all right!! SO glad to hear you have to same problem...... at least I'm not the only one!! Did you warn your Mum?? I just hate that it looks like I let her get away with it but I don't........it's just awful huh?

its amazing how they learn the right situation for words hey