Thread: what do u think?

Default what do u think?

So this is the story my son is 2 yrs 4 mths, at he loves the usual thomas,roary, wiggles Hubby is ok with those things, but he also likes fifi forget me not. I have no problems with it but its my hubby who doesn't like the idea as its "girly". Do u think that hubby is over reacting?

Hi Jess - aren't men funny sometimes lol. I think it's absolutely fine. Just tell your dh that he may grow up to be a landscape gardener when he grows up.

lol oh my hubby is such a male it gets annoying. Like i wanted to buy him a baby doll nope hubby wouldn't have a bar of it. i dont see the problem, girls like cars etc so whys it different?

Hi Jess,

Men.....it`s quite "normal"for young kiddies to want to play with girl toys...dolls..etc....doesn`t mean they grow up not to be "boys" lol. I think most men don`t like the thought of their kids playing with girly things as it`s just another "Stereo Type thing" or related to becoming Gay later on....My two youngest son`s play with their sister`s dolls & toys,i don`t see the harm in it,even at the pre-school they attend the boys play with dolls and the girls play with cars & trucks.

Hope this puts your mind as ease hun,lol.

It's fine honey - my almost 2yo DS plays with his DSD's dolls, babies, prams as they are there, but he is a CARS fanatic. Let them have their fun I say!

Yes.....i do think hubby is overreacting.

My BIL is the same. When his sons come over to play at our home, and the 1 yr old runs for the pink pram, he snatches it off him. SAd. Very sad.

Funny how if its the reverse - i.e a girl playing with trucks or soemthing, and the men dont seem to mind. Thats what i find anyway. My DD#2 loves Diego, loves the planes he has on his show, the trucks, the cars, the boats. DH didnt flinch when i bought her a diego truck a few weeks ago. Yet i just know it would have been different if it were a doll for a boy.

Nah, let him explore. ....

Just point out that there are male characters in fifi as well

Funny how some men get. I always think that my DS is so lucky to have an older sister - he gets to play with a whole range of toys that he may have missed out on otherwise. Prams, dolls, care bears, etc...

Aw, Jess I think it's great that he's balanced in what he likes! Why is your DH worried about him liking something a bit girly? Doesn't change the fact he's a boy, just allows him to explore a wider variety of toys and characters.
    There are two boys at playgroup who are constantly with the dolls, putting them to bed or carrying them around in the doll capsule. I think it is wonderful! That kind of role-play might make them better daddies Who knows?
    DD loves Thomas, as I've mentioned to you before. She's most happy when she's playing and talking to her row of toy Thomas engines. I think it's brilliant - I love the stories, love the merch - it is such a nice change from all her pink stuff, LOL!

Oh hell yeah he's overreacting, my son was in the same boat. He liked all the kids cartoons girly or not.I think its healthy for kids to see both sides of the picture, the more masculine and feminine. I wish my hubby was more in touch with his feminine side.
    Last edited by Leonie P; April 2nd, 2009 at 10:47 AM.

OOPs
    Oh hell yeah he's overreacting, my son was in the same boat. He liked all the kids cartoons girly or not.I think its healthy for kids to see both sides of the picture, the more masculine and feminine. I wish my hubby was more in touch with his feminine side.