Thread: What to do when they are sick

Default What to do when they are sick

Charlotte and Madison are unwell at the moment, I think Madison has got Asthma back, But Charlotte is not a happy girl, her nose is all blocked up, has a horrible caugh. She is having trouble feeding as she carn't breath when feeding, and I am having trouble getting her to go to sleep. We are off to the doctors this morning, as we went to a after hours clinic yesterday but I want them to get checked out by our gp. The doc yesterday said her tonislis (spel) were inflamed and has put her on to ab.
    My poor baby girls.

With the Fess for little noses - you can use it after you've had them in a steamy room (if it was steamy enough to soften the booga). I swear by the Fess - when Abbey had her two colds it was the only way she could get some relief - otherwise she would swallow it and chuck everywhere . I also found Tummy Time excellent for DD's nose - even the most stubborn of booga's run right out!!!

If you want to use a vaporiser but can't afford one, you can hire them for a fraction of the price from most chemists.

There is a chest rub designed for young children - I think it is called Eucabear. Kind of like a Eucalyptus rub. Just be careful with those kinds of things though because they can be a bit ouchy on sensitive skin - I have never been able to use them as they burn my skin. You can give bubs the same benefits by putting some on a piece of cloth under their sheet at the head end (or if they use a pillow, between the pillow slip and pillow).

HTH

MG