Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do with bub while you shower?

Question What do you do with bub while you shower?

I know there was a thread that asked this a while ago, but I can't find it.

What do you do with your bub while you shower? For the first few weeks when we came home from the hospital my DH was home, so he watched DS while I showered, but now he's at work all day. My DS is 2 months old now, and I'm not really comfortable just leaving him out in the house while I shower, so I take him in to the bathroom with me in his baby rocker. Sometimes he sleeps, sometimes he just sits there awake and looking around. I like that I can just poke my head out of the shower to check and see how he's going. What do you do?

I used either wait until my bubs were asleep until I had a shower, or I'd put them in their bouncer in the bathroom with me. Not very relaxing if they started to cry though!

Yep - just in the rocker in the bathroom!

if he was awake i put him in a rocker in the bathrrom as well

I either waited until baby's nap time to shower, or put them in their bouncy chair in the bathroom. Or, if I had time, I'd take a bath, and take baby in with me. That's a bit of a challenge when it's time to get out though. It's hard to get both you and the baby wrapped up quickly, so that no one gets cold or drips water (wee?!) all over the floor. But the time soaking in the tub together is really nice. My babies have all really loved that, much more than having a bath in their own little tub. They could float, kick around, snuggle with me, nurse, whatever.

I usually waited till DD was asleep and had a baby monitor with lights on it and would set it up somewhere that I could see it while I was in the shower (I can't hear anything from our shower esp with the water running).

Now, because there are two of them (DD is 23 months and DS is 10 months) I try and shower before DH goes to work in the morning (usually while they are eating breakfast).

I never thought I would value the ability to have a shower as much as I did once I starting having babies . . . it became a bit of a luxury. The simple things in life . . .

LOL, I did the Rocker in the bathroom trick too! And now DD has got older she jumps in the shower with me... The only days i get a ALONE shower is when DF is home hehe!

Wow, I didn't realise so many other mum's did the rocker thing too! Before we bought a rocker I dragged the bassinet in the bathroom with me, but there was absolutely no room left to move around, lol!

I used to have htem asleep in their bassinet in the bedroom while I had a shower. As they got older I showered when Hi5 was on in the mornings....It was half an hour of pure bliss lol.

I never took mine in the shower with me - i wanted a break!

I usually waited until they were asleep.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

bouncer in the ensuite or bedroom, or would lie on floor in bedroom with some toys or when little would have him on bed surrounded by pillows with toys to play with.

Now i leave him in lounge with some toys and tv or on floor in our bedroom with toys or in his cot with toys and music on.

I used to wait for DD to sleep because her basinette was in our bedroom and I used the ensuite. Now DD will sit in her bumbo seat and play while I shower or she will shower with me

I too put bubs in the bouncer in the shower. Now they are older I shower while they watch tv in the morning or while they are playing. If I havnt had one all day I wait til hubby is home and I even LOCK THE DOOR!!!!

I have mine late at night before going to bed - house is completely quiet so I can relax more - sometimes - I even have it IN THE DARK.

Ahhhh... bliss...

Im a night time showerer so i just wait till he is down for his long night sleep before having a shower. Although its annoying when DH is not at home as every time I have a shower I think that I hear him crying, turn off the water to listen, no noise, turn the shower back on and I think I hear it again!

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

DD is 8 months now, sometimes i sit her in her bumbo and she plays and we 'chat' sometimes i take her in with me! she sits on the floor of the shower and plays and loves it! especially good if she had porridge for breackfast as she needs a shower more than i do then!

i do the bumbo just wait till DH is home ... sometimes i put dd in the bumbo on the shower floor .. she loves it and DS is usually in with me too ... i can keep and eye on them both that way lol ....

but i love escaping to do a poo then have a shower . i take my sweet time and i love the quietness!!
    showering and pooping alone , i took for granted .. now its a scared event !! lol

Mel - i do it in the dark too !!!

We have a double shower and are night-time shower ppl, so when dd were small we would just pop in after she was down for the night (ok that was usually at around 1am ) Or take turns having a quick splash, while the other one is walking dd around the kitchen table

Now with ds, DH and dd shower just after dinner and while he is putting her to bed, I jump in the shower, because 9/10 times ds is asleep. Otherwise I just wait for him to come home and have a shower later.

Isabel B - We have a shop that needs to be closed at 22:00, so I'm alone at home from 21:00 till then. Sometimes when I feel "lucky" I have a quick shower (no hair-washing/shaving) before he comes home. And our pipes sounds EXACTLY like a baby crying So my showers ususally is less than two minutes, because I too hear them crying as soon as I turn the shower on. To make matters worse, the taps are fussy, so I take more time adjusting the right temp again than I would if I just washed up and get out.

Isn't being a mom great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast