Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you wash your babies clothes in?

Default What do you wash your babies clothes in?

Hey there!

I was wondering what people use to wash their baby's clothes with.

I used to use lux flakes for my last two before it destroyed my machine lol and after a while left a sticky residue on their clothes to the point of wrecking some of them. The turned sticky and I couldn't seem to rinse it out, these were mainly the towelling long sleeve suits and anything polar fleece that I have a lot of to use now.

For that reason, I'm turned right off using Lux Flakes again.

So what do others use that will wash well, rinse well, but is not harsh and sensitive enough for a baby?

TIA

I have only used cold power, but my three have never had skin sensitivities either, and then a fluffy fabric softener for rinsing. You can get some soap powders for sensitive skin too.

You can use Amolin...and there are also many brands that say "sensitive" on them

I use OMO sensitive for the whole families wash.........and a vinegar rinse instead of fabric conditioner...Charlie did have excema as a baby but it has since cleared and this combination works well for all our skin and the overall quality of clean laundry.

I do also have a "super rinse" cycle on my washer which I use.......I am convinced it makes stuff come out cleaner......

I use Amolin sensitive liquid wash and Purity sensitive fabric softener.

We us the Planet Ark Aware powder which is phosophorus free and has no petrochemicals, it also says on the box that it is good for sensitive skin becuse it has no enzymes.

We use the Planet Art Aware powder too, it is so concentrated (I only use half the recommended amount) and everything comes out so clean!

Xander has sensitive skin and has never had a problem with the Aware.

I use Bio-Zet with added conditioner for the whole family, I only put half a scoop in bub's loads. Never had a problem. With DS he had a reaction to a certain washing powder(I can't remember which one) so we had to use cold power aloe vera i think it was, Dermitocolgy(sp?) t5ested. Worked a treat.

Ellie

I use wool wash on baby clothes then graduate to what we use normally..
    The earth brand wool wash is really nice and its cheap too

NewmumLou Guest

I use purity sensitive liquid wash on Joshuas clothes. He came up in a light rash when i used omo sensitive.

Kirsty77 Guest

What ever is on special!LOL But neither of my girls have sensitive skin so we're lucky.

I have pretty much always used spree and thankfully Kaitlyn has not had a reaction.

We used to use Omo Sensitive when Aidyn was a baby, and now we use Cold Power. But that Planet Ark powder sounds good, I might give it a try! Is it for toploaders?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty77 View Post
    What ever is on special!
    Amolin Sensitive was on special at Woolies this morning - $1.10 off the normal price (so it was $3.something). I bought a bottle in preparation. I had only planned to use our normal laundry detergent (enviro-friendly, citrus-based product I buy wholesale) but DH has been 'educating' me about how we need to wash baby's clothes with liquid especially for their sensitive skins. It's soooo cute that he's taking so much interest that I'm going along with it

i use the aldi wahing powder. Xander breaks out in rashes with most, but not a prob with this - its phospherus free (one of the reasons i stopped buying dynamo and started on this one) and its only $3.50 for 4kg! for my towels and terry nappys, i use a few tbsps of bicarb

i never used lux flakes never knew anything about them!

I have always used softly, and have never had a problem with my kids skin when they were little,,, although i found that when thye got older and went on to normal washing powder,,, i have had to be very careful as they get eczema badly and certain detergents are terrible on their skin.
    Softly smells divine, and you dont need to use a softener at all, the clothes, towels and nappies come out very soft without it.

I use a wool wash, preferably Softly as it does smell devine as Lil_Aussie has said. The wool wash is ph neutral and the clothes come out so soft. Both my boys have mild eczema(sp?) so I slowly introduce them to regular washing powder(I use Radiant) as they get older.

I used to use either Amolin or Purity but now I just use Napisan for Maddy's wash as she pretty much feeds herself and I'm constantly having to soak her things. *L*

I just wash her clothes separately from ours. For the family I use whatever is on special. *L*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast