Thread: What happened to my beautiful little baby?

Unhappy What happened to my beautiful little baby?

Hi everyone

Well the last few days Daniel has been attempting to assert himself with varying degrees of success.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced a 10 1/2 month old (around that age) who just seems to turn in to a monster.

He screams (I mean SCREAMS) at everything - especially being put to bed - and stops (and smiles) when I pick him up - I have ceased picking him up on a whim.

He wacks me in the face when I get too close, he throws his dummies for miles and also throws anything else that is "throwable".

He has his moments of being just beautiful but then turns in the devil incarnate.

He isn't sick and even though he may be teething he has certainly taken teething better than this in the past. I have a tendancy to believe that teething gets blamed for an awful lot.

It's not medical, it is most definitely psychological and I am positive he is "trying it on" with his mum and dad.

His favourite thing at the moment? Telling himself off as he reaches for off limits electrical goods.

He is currently sitting next to me here and gave me the look of an angel and laughed. It's as though he has PMS.

Anyone else experiencing / experienced this with a baby of Daniel's age?

yep and still am unfortunately it is our little people asserting their independence and testing the boundaries. My GP told me ( I thought he was going mental and me as well) that from this age on consistency is the key bcos if you say no and then change it to yes EVEN ONE TIME they will remember and exploit it. Apparently they grow out of it.... after puberty .... no seriously I have been told they tend to be nice again around 3 or 4. HTH

Thanks Nelly.

My DH just read your response and freaked out about the 3 or 4. He's off to pack his suitcase and said - I'll see you in about 3 1/2 years!! Yeah, REAAALLL funny.

pmsl !!

yeah this happened to my boy too .... can be a right pain in the butt sometimes ... hang in there ...
    when nix is on a assertive/independent streak , the word NO or STOP can be heard miles away !

DS's favourite game - throwing everything to the floor. His toy, water, even himself, then screaming because guess what, it isn't wanted on the floor.

He loves phones, remotes, computers, DVD players... I let him have a bit of fun, but nothing thrown or in the mouth. I try to substitute ASAP too.

I won't even comment on the whole sleep thing.

I also have scabs and bruises all over from DS. When he bites nastily I tell him no and sit him on the floor for maybe 30 seconds, explain that Mummy does not like to be hurt... then pick him up and tell him I love him... he then goes to his Daddy and complains! I can't believe he's doing that already!

Worst thing is that random strangers tell me he's cheeky because he smiled at them, so I can't complain because then he's being cheeky. And he's not cheeky, he is a good boy. A good boy who is learning about boundaries, that other people have feelings and appropriateness. I chuffing hate the cheeky tag people feel the need to give him. He's also human, not a monkey. Sorry, that was a random rant!