Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What naughty things does your toddler get up to?

Default What naughty things does your toddler get up to?

I have an 18 month old who is always up to no good. He's the sweetest little thing, but it seems he's always getting into trouble. His latest trick is to take a kitchen chair up to the kitchen bench and climb up there. On friday I found him on the kitchen sink in with the glasses and defrosting fish! I close the laundry door and think that's going to keep him out of there. Next thing he's standing on a chair, saying "knock Knock" and opening the laundry door. If I take him outside, next thing he's up on the retaining wall. If I water the garden he's either wacking the muddy water with his hands, or keeps getting under the water spray until he's drenched. The other day I left the room for a moment and returned to find a crayon mural all over the walls. If I take him out anywhere, he runs off.

Just wondering if this sounds familiar, and what your toddler gets up to.

My DD, as cute as she is, found a way to open our dishwasher and then proceeded to get a pinch of the powder and went to put it in her mouth! Luckily I caught, I don't think she had any, but I washed her mouth profusely.
    About half an hour later, she'd discovered my sharpies (permanent markers in fun colours!) and drawn a little mural on our linen closet. That was okay and then I changed her and discovered some nice squiggles all over her tummy....

Luckily my DD isn't up the stage that she is confident to run off on me at shops or whatever.... I'm guessing its not far off though.

ROFL!
    Wait till he discovers the pantry or the fridge. I've busted Angus many times having pre dawn binges. He figured out how to push the chair up to the pantry to reach the shelf with the good stuff like milo :eek:

My DS lies on the floor in the supermarket and won't budge, He doesn't do it because we won't give him something, I don't know why he does it. He's also started dipping face washers in the toilet and then "cleaning" himself with it. GROSS.

Caught Maggie covered in texta yesterday! She loves to open the DVD player and take out the DVD, then she tries to clean in on her pants like she watches us do. Her most favourite thing though is standing on the coffee table.

Have you got plenty of time to read what naughty things Matthew gets up to each day

I`m not going to bore you with the details but the two latest things is climbing up onto the kitchen table and opening the doors and letting himself outside, this is a real worry with being on a farm with dams, electric fences etc, Mummy has to get into the habit of remembering to lock the door now so Matthew can`t go walkies. Oh he loves getting into my washing powder and spilling it over his bike

Oh toddlers gotta love them, each day they are learning something new and always getting into mischief but I wouldn`t be without my toddler for anything in the world.

Kirsty77 Guest

LOL sounds so familiar!! Like Astrid has said Gem also opens up the dvd player and then runs off and pretends she didn't do it. She also rumages through the fridge and cubboards for food. We caught her on saturday putting her plastic chair on her arm chair facing the same way then she climbed them both and sat on top of the plstic chair!! She also presses all the buttons on the dishwasher and changes the cycle. She runs off at the shops, in the oppisite direction to us! Ummm theres probably like a million more things but I can't think of anymore................. Owww she steals my knickers or corey undies and takes them out of the draw and we had people over the other day and corey;s undies were poking out from under the couch!LOL! god knows what they thought!
    Last edited by Kirsty77; November 13th, 2006 at 12:12 PM.

Oh lovely on the face washers in the loo. Atleast it's not his toothbrush

Tehya is into climbing onto the back of her ride on car at the sink, dangerous coz the damn thing has wheel's obviously. But the other day she reached up and got the kettle and poured it everywhere, so lucky it hadn't been boilt. Now we have to make sure that the kettle is emptied after use and the power point is off.

She also loves to draw pictures for us. If the toilet door is opened then a roll of paper is fair game to go down the loo. She will run away at any chance given, whether it's in the shops or out the front.

Tehya also loves to climb up onto the top of out dinner table, it's fairly high and we have cermaic tiles so if she falls...

She also loves to pinch my makeup and run away to hide and destroy it. Tehya also loves to raid the cupboards and will help herself to whatever she can open up, whetehr it's cereal or pasta, she doesn't care.

OH yes, had to add too that Tehya LOVES the dvd player and will put anything she can in there, not always dvd's, and dvds fit lovely into the vidoe player !!

Oh the joys of it all, and it only get's worse before it gets better
    Last edited by Trish; November 13th, 2006 at 10:44 AM.

Maddy was the toddler that didnt get into everything, if we said 'ouch, hot, or no touch' she'd simply not touch... She walked away from me once & I hid from her, she has never ever walked away from me since!! She's now almost 8 & hasnt ever really done anything mischievous...
    In 4 yr old kinder a few of the kids all took it in turns going to the toilets & really concentrating & watching each other!!!

Indah on the hand, the more you ask her not to do something, the worse she is.... I love her spirit & cheekiness & the fact she totally ignores us & stares at us whilst she gets into DH's microphones & stuff! Like if shje stares in our eyes we cant see what her hands are doing!!!

My Mum says Maddy was like my older sister & Indah is exactly like me... She calls her TROUBLES! Because our lives will be full of troubles now that she is here!!!

Love them both to pieces, Maddy & all her nmaturity & non cheekiness & Indah & her constant whirlwindyness!!!!

A few weeks ago Kynan reached into his dirty nappy and then fingerpainted the fridge whilst I was in the shower...

And he loves anything with buttons that he can press, especially the heater remote as it beeps everytime a button is pressed. I often come out of the shower to find he's somehow gotten his hands on the remote and the heater is on some crazy setting.

I've been laughing so much reading everyone's stories. Looks like I'm definitely not the only one with a cheeky toddler who is always getting into trouble.

Kirsty77 Guest

Ewwww Angel!!!Thats hilarious!! Finger painting in poo!LOL!

Forgot that Gem also LOVES toilet paper and one day she got her hands on 2 rolls of it and decorated the house. I was in the shower and when I came out there was shredded bits of it everywhere!!!PMSL!

We have a toilet paper fiend here too. OMG - she loves the rolls, but has only gotten away a couple of times with throwing the paper all over the house and stuffing it in the toilet. That was on dads watch .
    Jenna is high maintenance, but to be honest, I cant really think of anything naughty at the moment. Sure she plays with buttons, and the DVD, and has broken the wooden venetians, gets into the cupboards, chases the cats, runs away from us, but I guess I'm just all soppy and sweet on her today, so I cna't complain. Thats a nice change
    Some of these sound like pearlers though.... Fancy the poo fingerpainting BLUERGH!

My toddler is busy busy busy busy!!!

All the usual things - toilet paper, toothbrush in the loo, chocolate biscuit binges in the fridge, breaking into the pantry, chairs dragged over to the bench, hitting redial on the phone and calling people, drawing on everything, jumping on beds, plays with the DVD, pulls DVD's out of the shelves and out of their cases, tips milk behind the couch.....god the list just goes on.

The latest thing that is scaring the bejeezus out of me at the moment is she keeps trying to feed things to her 5 week old brother - so far I've caught her trying to give him grapes, cat biscuits, and her sippy cup......it's so hard to get angry at her because she's just trying to share, but being a newborn he opens his mouth every time anything comes near it thinking it's a boobie so it's a bit scary! :eek:

Debbie Lee Guest

At the moment, Gab likes to get up on the coffee table and spin around in circles (standing up). She watches TV standing on it too. Little monkey.

She likes to close doors too so she'll go into the laundry and close the door then into the toilet and close the door. At our last house, the toilet door was spring-loaded so it would automatically close behind us. So we've gotten lazy and forget to close the toilet door every time. She's locked herself in my room heaps of times. It's not Gabby-proof so she gets into all manner of things.

yep ... the toilet here too T has just learned to sit on the "big toilet" by himself and now tells me to go away while he is doing his business and almost everytime he does a #2 and then stuffs the toilet roll in on top and trys to flush it ..
    and also the lying down thing not just in the supermartket in the street and anywhere difficult where i am alone with him

God lachlan gets into everything. Although the murals on the walls have calmed down now. We have had to stop buying fruit boxes or pop top drinks as instead of drinking it he will pour it out into the nearest thing and drink it from there :eek: The other day he poured Kamerons bottle of water onto Kameron's keyboard thankgod it dried out and still continues to work.

We have also had knife incidents where he has got something to stand on to reach a knife and stabbed my vinyl dining chairs. That was his major naughty thing.

We have a t-shirt for him that says "cheeky Naughty Funny" and that is him down to a tea.

Love

What about a baby that thinks he's a toddler... Just now I caught Seth swinging (yes thats right holds on with his hands and lifts his legs up) off the ornate wrought iron under our hall table :eek: I nearly had a heart attack... I need eyes in the back of my head! I swear I don't even want to think about what he'll be like 6-10 mths

*hugs*
    Cailin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast