Thread: What pram should we get????????????????

happy mummy Guest

Default What pram should we get????????????????

I am wanting advise, I have a one year old girl and am due again in september, I think Im going to invest in a double pram of some sort.

Can anyone give me advice as to what pram I should get, I am thinking a tandem pram, rather than a side by side, I am not interested in the phil &ted though, we had a bad experience with one, it turned me off.

Any suggestions?

Hi

I have a Valco Rebel pram and I bought it because later on, I could buy the toddler seat that goes on the front and you can have a baby lying down in the back.

I have found it a great pram, lots of storage room, glides along lovely on 3 wheels and it looks great

And it cost approx $500, I think.

HTH..
    Love Alex..

can I ask what your experience with the phil & ted's was?

we are thinking of getting one when no.2 arrives, but are still not 100% sure.

happy mummy Guest

My friend got a phil and ted, and I was looking into one myself, but we were out shopping and my friend went down a gutter to cross the road and the baby sitting under got hit in the back from the gutter, and she said she had some other problems with it Im not sure what they are, but she is selling it any way.

when our # 2 comes along we are getting a babylove tandem lite. i am not keen on the toddler seat ones because jackson will still be under 3 a that stage, they dont recline enough for him to be able to sleep comfortably.

the baby love is excellent as i have a tiny car, it is marginally longer than my current pram, and is not heavy at all. the lady in store (snuggle bug in hallam) said although it is not overly expensive it is in her opinion best tandem on the market. it is nowhere near as long as the jeep tandem which she said apparently has a few problems with toppling over around corners because of the length.

they have some info on it at their website if you go to nursery, tandems

I have seen those jeep tandems in the shops and they are huge! No way I would want to push one of those around. This is an interesting discussion as if I end up pg soon I will need to look at getting a new tandem also. When DD was a newborn we bought a second hand mother's choice tandem which did the job well, although it was hard to fold up and heavy to lift. We ended up getting rid of it when we moved as we don't need a double now DS is 3 and walks everywhere.

Bon

mooshie Guest

i have also been wondering about this as we are ttc another.

i did have a tandem pram when i had ds as dd was only 21mths old and i guess it was okay but i wouldn't go back and get another one, my ds was a long baby and he didn't fit in the lay down position for long and i had to incline the seat from about 8wks so he would fit. it was very heavy, shopping basket little - however that was 6yrs ago now and i am guessing they have improved but i have gone off them.

i was in babyco looking at the pram options the other day and apparently they don't sell 3 wheelers with toddler seats cause apparently none meet the australian safety standards :-k i was a bit shocked cause there are so many around, but hey that could have been sales talk lol.

i think what i am going to do is keep my original pram and get one of those skateboard things for dd to stand on, cause really we don't go out and about an awful lot and she will only be having the one big sleep a day after lunch - which i like to be home for anyway.

so that is where i am at the moment - but that could possibly change lmao - i am always looknig at prams etc (i am up to pram number 5)

interesting to read other peoples comments

yeah, the jeeps are huge! the weight and size issue is a huge one. i have a suzuki ignis, so it has a hatch back, but is sooooo tiny, and i tested the babylove tandem lite out in that and fits perfectly behind the seat up on its side just like my current pram does.

lady in store i went in didnt reccomend 4 wheelers with a toddler seat, they end up being almost double the weight of a normal pram. and i just hate the giant wheels on the three wheelers, no way they would fit in my car!!

happy mummy Guest

Well I ended up just getting a tandem lite, as I wasnt a fan of the phil & ted or the toddler seat on the front as the toddler seat couldnt be shaded and my daughter is only one and still likes her sleep.

Iam happy with my choice.