Thread: What should a 12month be eating

Goof Guest

Default What should a 12month be eating

Just wondering what your 1 year old is eating.

DD is still having vegies of a night (sometimes a heinz meal) But should she be eating whatever i make for family meals.

It has been so long since DS that i have forgotton.

Please give me some ideas.

pamba Guest

i have a 10 month old and she has some of our meals as well as the usual baby dinner's my midwife told me she could eat our food from 6 months but i waited a bit before i gave her them, i think as long as you watch whats in the meals(like salt and such )(i don't use salt at all) it doesn't really matter as long as she is eating,but that's just my opinion.hope it helps you..

My three were all eating family meals by 12 months, the girls were eating them earlier (about 9 months i think from memory) though because they did not like the tinned ones anymore. I think a combination of the two wouldn't hurt, and like Pamba said just so long as you watch what is in the meals, not only salt but also nuts/nut oil etc.

Goof have you had a look at our starting solids thread? It has some great information about time frames. With Matilda, she didn't have any teeth at 12 months, so we were giving her some food sharing for things like soups & shepherds pie etc, but most of what she ate was separate until around 18 months and then she started eating more regular dinners with us. Some meals were okay but others weren't.

Goof Guest

Thanks ladies you've been a help.

DD still doesn't have any teeth either christy!

I will head over to the starting solids thread for a look.

Tan Sammy is eating the same dinner meals as us each night. Mainly pastas and vegies..no meat as we are veg. For lunch he will eat a sandwich,fruit,cheese,yoghurt...jar food sometimes. For breakfast its weetbix and toast. Snacks during the day are cheese and sultanas,mandarins,apples,dried fruit,biscuits like saos and cruskits. HTH

Jo

Tigergirl1980 Guest

For dinner Jonah has pretty much what we are having unless I've deemed it unsuitable, eg, if we have pizza or some other take away. For breakfast he will maybe have toast, weet bix or porridge. For lunch it varies, sandwiches, rolls, dinner leftovers, tinned spaghetti, baked beans, dry biscuits, a little platter of cheese, cold meat and vegies. He always has fruit with his lunch and yoghurt with his dinner. He snacks on fruit, biscuits, homemade mini muffins.

Kirsty77 Guest

Gemma generally has what we're having(she's 11 months). Generally spag, pasta, veg, shep pie, lasgne, rice etc, I guess more soft foods for her.

Louis is 10m and he eats a combo.

I always have a batch of cheesy mashed potato & veg in the freezer and he eats risotto, minestrone, pasta, and I mush up the meat & veg from a roast dinner (he also doesn't have any teeth yet) He always has yoghurt for dessert and lunch depends - baked beans, fruit, veggies etc and breakfast is weetbix.

The only thing I haven't given him is spicy food or junk foods, although he did have a bit of lentil dhal that I made but it wasn't too spicy!

Louis has all home cooked foods as well but just has a lot of what we have now or stuff with lots of flavours. I started off doing the cubes but now that he eats almost the equivalent to what we do (Yep one of our bowls for dinner and one of yoghurt for dessert) Its just easier to make extra portions of our dinners......

Indah (11 mths) has pretty much whatever we have cooked for dinner, she mooshes it all over her face & has a ball...
    Including curries, rice, pasta, roast etc.. If she eats it good, if not she still gets a breast feed before bed so she has had enough & enjoys trying different stuff..

Infact one of her faves that she screams for is chicken drumsticks, I remove the little thin spiky sharp bone & she chews away on a drum stick for ages!

Indah does have about 8 or 10 teeth (she wont let us have a look without biting!)