View Poll Results: What size was your baby wearing at birth?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • 00000 or smaller

24 20.34%

60 50.85%

30 25.42%

4 3.39%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What size was your baby wearing at birth?

Jacob weighed 8lb 6oz and is in a 000 in most things. I've found that in the Bond's Wondersuits he fills out the 000 nicely but in some of the others the legs are either a little long or they are short in the body #-o

Debbie Lee Guest

Gabby was 8lbs and is still in 0000's at 3 weeks. I think she will be in them for another week at least (possibly even 2). She has a couple of 00000 suits that fit her but I think it's because they are a little bit generous compared to the wondersuits. I don't think she is a terribly long baby either so that's why they fit ok.
    I can't wait until she moves to 000! We have so many cooool and cute outfits for her to wear

LOL at the baggy look...all of Matilda's winter gear is 1's and when she wears them now its so funny...

Lily was 9lb 7oz born and she wore 0000 for about a month. She does have a pair of summer overalls though which are a size 0000 but at 4mths they fit her perfectly :-s So maybe they had the sizing wrong?

Eliana was straight into 00 with most of her clothes though she had a few 000's but weren't long enough. She was 11lb 4oz or 5100grams born!

Tahlia and Lakeisha were in 0000, but really needed 00000, but weren't readily available then, so had floppy feet, and sleeves rolled up. They were 2110, and 2115 ( 4 pound 11, and 4 pound 12)And they stayed in them til about 3 months
    Rianna wore 0000, and they fit her perfectly, she only wore them for a few weeks she was 3410 born, ( 7 pound 9)
    I have bought 0000's for this one to come too.

*Yvette* Guest

I've been telling people 000 unless bub is very little, but I guess that only applies to Bonds wondersuits.

Angus was 8lb 5oz & wore 000 Bonds, little long in the arms, & 000 nighties & singlets too (Bonds)

Ruth was 7lb 10oz. I thought she wore the same, but back then I used to buy pure cotton only, & she had stuff left from Lola & some borrowed things.

Lola was 8lb 10oz, & I thought she wore 000, but reading above maybe it was 0000 at first.

This time I thought I'll need some 0000 to start with for littler babies, as twins surely will be smaller than my other babies, but reading above it sounds like 5 lb or so needs smaller. Will have to have a look what's around. I think Bonds make a 00000? Target sizes seem consistent with Bonds, but Pumpkin Patch do tend to be very generous. (They last though, I still have some Pumpkin Patch stuff from Lola).

Matthew started in 0000 and 000 depending on the brand and type of clothes. He was 8lb 2 oz at birth. If anything had feet in it, he couldn't fit into it, his feet were too big. I didn't buy many 0000 things, but found that heaps of people bought us 0000 things and he has even worn them because they haven't fit. I feel really bad about that!

He is 2 months now and is wearing 00 in Bonds stuff and 000 in everything else.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hey Ambah,
    My son too was 8lb 7ozs at birth :boy: . He was in a size 0000 for only a couple of weeks before putting him into size 000.

Hi all
    Yvette definately get some really small sizes for twins. If you can, get some 00000, as the average twin weight is around 5lb for full term. Target have a great range of prem clothes called sunny baby which are great but expensive of course. they wash well and are long wearing. You can also get a complete set from them for newborns called angel or star or something like that with a hat, bodysuits, etc. Very reasonable and good value.

My twins were in prem 00000 clothes till they wore them out and then were in 0000 until they were 6 months old. They were 9 weeks early and came home from hospital after 33 days at 2.76kg and 1.8kg.

Now my son - who was the smaller one is 2 years old and wearing size 3 and 4 clothes as he now is a whopping 21kg!! They soon make it up. My daughter is just in size 1 clothes still (his twin)

My SIL just had her second set of twins at 38/40 weeks and they were nearly 6lb and in ooooo. They are now 8lb at 8 weeks and are just going into 0000 now which are huge on them.

hope this helps.
    odette
    Ariel and Immogen - 5/12/02002

*Yvette* Guest

Hi Odette. Another twins mum! That makes 4 of us I've found so far including me. You can find me and one other in the members in victoria thread, and I just met another twins mum from nsw in the large families thread. Hope you're enjoying it here.

Thanks for the baby clothes advice, now if you can just tell me how to get medical support for a vaginal birth of monochorionic twins.......... but that's another story. Will bore everyone with the details on the vic & bellybuddies threads.

Nicholas was in 000 and was 9lb 14oz when he was born.

Sammy was 9lb 4oz and still in 0000 when he was born though he was straight into 000 wondersuits. Even now at 4 weeks old hes still in some 0000s and some 000..it weird the sizing. :-k

Jo

Talia was 7lb10oz when born and started in 0000 but I think she was only in them for a month and then went up a size. She is 2 now and wears size 3-4 tops and dresses and size 2-3 pants. My sister in laws 3rd bubba went straight into 000 when born, he is 23months old now and wears size 1.

yollie Guest

My kids were pretty big 4.3 and 4.4kgs ( I knew they were going to be big)they just went straight into 00 apart from a couple of 000 i was given as presents but they only lasted about a week or so and i think it is a stupid waste of money buying expensive clothes for babies to just lay around in Really they never get noticed because they are alway wraped up. As for singlets i just used 0 from the start they are a little long but they are very tight to start with and stretch up with the baby. hope this helps someones bottom line?

Maddy was in 0000 Wondersuits at birth. She was out of them about two weeks later simply because the legs weren't long enough. 000 were quite large on her for a few months.

Nina was in 00000 at birth and stayed that way for a few weeks. DH had to go clothes shopping the day after I had her as our smallest in the labour bag was 0000, which didn't fit!

Jacob was 000 when he was a day old!! hehehehe... he was 54.5cm long when born so he fitted them length ways but they swam on him width ways!! he was sooo cute!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast