Thread: What time do you have dinner

Question What time do you have dinner

We normally have dinner at 5pm or around that time it just depends on if DH is going to be late. The last few weeks Kimberley has been eating less at dinner time not that she eats heaps during the day. She would if we had anything yummy in the house to eat.

DH thinks maybe i should bring the kids meal time to lunch time and just give them a snack in the evening which sounds okay but Kimberley is a kindy two days a week and also next year she will be starting school so i think feeding them a main meal at lunch time won't work. The other thing i was thinking of is that i will then be cooking two meals a day and we then have to plan anything we do around being at home for lunch.

I could have them eat dinner at 4pm and then us at 7pm but I've always like us to eat as a family if we can. I remember growing up and us only eating as a family on a Sunday.

Would love to hear what others do. I really just want Kimberley to eat more than she does now. She is a healthy 4year old and weighs 18kg's.

Michelle, my kids are a different age to yours however we all tend to eat between 6-6.30pm, but closer to 6pm.

Blake has breakfast around 8am
    Morning tea around 10.30am
    Lunch around 12.15pm
    Afternoon tea around 4pm
    Dinner around 6pm-ish

We all have the main meal together although DD has lunch @ school around 1.30pm

We eat tea at 730-8pm.... all depends on what time DH gets home and what time Chelseas bottle is due.

Around 6.00 - 6.30 here as well.

Michelle, Maddison is 8.5yrs & weighs about 21ish kgs, so it might just be we have tiny tots?
    We also eat dinner together everynight between 6-6:30pm...

When I change shifts after Zyon is here I am hoping to bring it to 5:30-6pm, as i will be home to cook the meal & have it ready, plus it means we acn bath kids before I head off to work at 7:45pm!

I try and have dinner between 5-5:30pm but this can be hard when tim finishs work at 5 one night of the week, most nights he finishs at 7pm, so eats when he gets home.
    For us 5-5:#0pm is much easier, the girls have there bath straight after dinner and then into bed around 7-7:30pm.
    I have been told that Children are more hungry around lunch time.

I try to have dinner on the table by 5pm, as the boys are in bed at 7.30pm. Neither of mine really eat their dinner either and Kameron who is 5.5yrs old weighs in at 18kg and Lachlan is about 14kg at 3 yrs old. Apart from breakfast and lunch with the odd yoghurt (if we have it) neither of them really eat during the day.

The wont touch anything like stew etc everything has to be separated on their plate, so they can see it. If they get gravy it has to be next to everything not on top and same with tomato sauce. Kameron wont eat any vegetables at all, and Lachlan will only eat his meat and mash.

If you are worried about vegie intake or whatever try buying those V8 drinks, some of them are really yummy.

Love

6-6:30 but try to get it closer to 6pm.

Its almost impossible to have it any earlier as we are both at work FT. If one of us was at home I would prefer Milo's dinner was at 5:30pm.

We do dinner around 5.30-6pm and eat as a family, any later and DS gets moody and sick because he's hungry. Sorry to hijack but is it normal for a nearly 3 year old to constantly want o eat? DS is constantly said he's very hungry.

Ellie

We try to eat at 6-6.30 but sometimes its a bit later. I find my 7 yr old is starving when she gets home from school but not as hungry at dinner so I try to make sure she has some fairly healthy snacks in the afternoon.

we have dinner between 6.00-7.00, normally during neighbours.

Maybe offer her healthy snacks thru out the day and see if she'll take it to try and get more into her? Does she like things like smoothies? Maybe blend up some fruit and make something like that?

If you did want to give her dinner or her main meal earlier in the day instead of making 2 meals you could leave some of the main meal aside for her to have the next day at her meal time?

Try not to worry too much bout her eating, I was a shocking eater as a child, my poor mum was always stressing but I grew up healthy. I was underweight for years but it never caused me any health probs and now I eat like a piggy.

It's nice to here what everyone else does at meal times.

Kathryn - Kimberley is the same as Kameron won't eat vegetables and when having sauce it has to gone to one side. I've had to hide jars of apple sauce and mint jelly as they will eat the whole jar if i let them.

I think i am just going to have to live with the fact she won't eat much and is a fussy eater no matter what i do. I just hope Alex doesn't start to get fussy.

We have dinner around 7-7:30pm otherwise Lily just won't eat it if it's any earlier for some reason.

Jesse has dinner at 5.30pm. Lately ive been changing our dinner time to the same time as i want us to eat as a family too, plus that way i can give him bits and pieces off my plate.. but prior DH and i would have dinner around 6.30-7pm (after he's bathed).

We eat at six - if we try to leave it any later it just ends in tears because miss is too tired and too hungry and it just gets ugly

She starts getting hungry around 5 but we usually feed her a small snack then and try to hold her off because we just can't eat that early. We're doing well to be eating at 6 - before we had kids we used to eat dinner at 9.00

We have dinner at 530pm . Girls are in bed at 7pm. My DD#1(3) doesnt eat any vegetables besides corn on the cob, and like a few of you have said, wont have any sauce near her food (gravy, cheese sauce, bol sauce).
    I try to make sure both dont eat ANYTHING after 4pm.